Anyone Going to the In Flames show in Tallahassee?

Gunstar9

Skeletor Goes to Mars
Jan 30, 2005
I'm setting off with Biggs to go see In Flames, Nevermore, Evergrey, and some gay band in Tallahassee this Sunday. Anyone else going? I'm looking for some "brothers of true metal". It's going to be hard to accomplish this with all the hardcore pansies there.

Gunstar9 said:
I'm setting off with Biggs to go see In Flames, Nevermore, Evergrey, and some gay band in Tallahassee this Sunday. Anyone else going? I'm looking for some "brothers of true metal". It's going to be hard to accomplish this with all the hardcore pansies there.

:erk:
You are talking about In Flames and Nevermore, and looking for "Brothers of true metal"? Please don't use that phrase unless you are going to see a muh better gig than that!

Well it's not Iron Maiden, Manowar, and Angel Witch but it's all we've got around here besides PPUSA. Stop the Nevermore bashing, dammit!

Gunstar9 said:
Well it's not Iron Maiden, Manowar, and Angel Witch but it's all we've got around here besides PPUSA. Stop the Nevermore bashing, dammit!

Dear lord!!! I think I would have a heart attack if Maiden, Manowar, and the mighty Angel Witch toured together!!!! :worship:

Not Nevermore bashing, but "brothers of metal" does not really appeal to that line-up.

I went with Gunstar

BetaBar.jpg

Basically, Evergrey played the opening slot, with about twenty minutes of set time. I was pissed, but what they played fucking ruled. I picked out "Rulers of the Mind" and "Morning Morning Apolcolypse.", Along some of the other new materal. After their set, a lot of people were basically going "Woah man, Evergrey is the best band I've never heard."

Nevermore was next. Some dude told me at a filling station near the Beta Bar that Nevermore had missed their set in Atlanta the night before, and that they might not be there on Sunday. After spotting only three tour busses, I got worried.

Nevertheless, Nevermore was in fact there,and they fucking KILLED. Setlist included "Born" "Final Product" "I, Voyager" "Engines of Hate" "Dead Heart in a Dead World" "Beyond Within" and a few others.

Throwdown played next. I was too busy making fun of hardcore kids to pay any attention. Sorry kids, but I don't like it when a guy tries with all of his heart to sound like Phill from Pantera.

In Flames took the stage, with Anders doning a nice little red necktie to go with his "Anders" In Flames workshirt. Setlist included materal from the last three albums, And some of the older shit. If you like it, chances are they probably played it. Dispite their falling off with their last couple of albums, In Flames still plays a killer show.

In the process of everthing, we met Chris from Jag Panzer (who was playing with Nevermore), and Tom from Evergrey. Both were extremely cool, and didn't mind giving us a minute to act like dorkasses while we nutted ourselves after meeting out heros.

All in all, it was a fucking great show, and was completely worth the ticket price.
:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: