Pagan's Mind/Stratovarius Chicago 9/25 Friday - Anyone going?

Yeah, you know what I am realizing now, a couple days later?????
It's exactly what OrbWeaver posted above.
It seems everyone, bands and fans, made the best of it, and had a HELL of a time.
It was a unique show in that regard.

It felt more like a night at the local bar with friends, but with better bands.

I think in a couple years, we'll all look back on this one and say, "Remember that club in Addison called the Pyramid Club? I can't believe I saw such a legendary power metal band in that place!"

Yeah, you know what I am realizing now, a couple days later?????
It's exactly what OrbWeaver posted above.
It seems everyone, bands and fans, made the best of it, and had a HELL of a time.
It was a unique show in that regard.

It felt more like a night at the local bar with friends, but with better bands.

I think in a couple years, we'll all look back on this one and say, "Remember that club in Addison called the Pyramid Club? I can't believe I saw such a legendary power metal band in that place!"

I agree with ya 110%. Some of the best shows I've seen have been in weird/new clubs where the bands AND the fans made it all work. The music can overcome almost anything....:headbang:

edit: And thank God it was a Friday night - I really dislike the local mid-week shows, and I've never seen one packed like it might be on a Friday/Saturday night

40 is an elite club- I'll dread and totally look forward to joining. haha.

As to the venue in Chi, the reverb in that place was dreadful even though the show was outstanding.

St Paul- since surprisingly I haven't seen a thread yet- the crowd was not massive, but strong and very ready to rock, esp. after Avian. I had never seen them, I;ve seen Lance sing many times, just never with Avian, so it was an added treat. The energy up there was great. Both shows (which I think has a lot to do with Pagans massive delivery) has an incredible energy coming off of them.

Again- thanks to all those I met over the weekend for making it just that much more fun to be out. Really was an unforgettable experience.

Nice seeing everyone at the show on Friday!
Sorry I was kind of bouncing all over the place and didn't really get to talk to anyone. That's how it normally goes, I guess.
But nice saying Hi to Jasonic and Diabolik! I think we have a pattern going....we get to talk to each other for 2 minutes every two years. Ha!

I can agree with everything that everyone said regarding the venue.
In summery: It was disappointing, but fun nonetheless. Metalheads can always make things work.

But nice saying Hi to Jasonic and Diabolik! I think we have a pattern going....we get to talk to each other for 2 minutes every two years. Ha!

Yeah, that seems to be the pattern!
This was definitely the best show of the year for me, social wise.
Got to see and talk to so many people, both old friends and new ones.

This show was all about the fellow metalheads turning what could have been a "meh" show into a great one, which I am still thinking about days later. :headbang:

I no longer know who you are.

:lol:

Hard to forget a show where people are stage diving while eating burgers & fries. The lot was a mess afterward. They also took requests from people leaving the liquor store next door - if they shared what they bought. An older guy was brought onstage, gave them beer, & was able to hear his request for "Cat Scratch Fever."

It was also a free show. Some back to school event at the university.

St Paul- since surprisingly I haven't seen a thread yet- the crowd was not massive, but strong and very ready to rock, esp. after Avian. I had never seen them, I;ve seen Lance sing many times, just never with Avian, so it was an added treat. The energy up there was great. Both shows (which I think has a lot to do with Pagans massive delivery) has an incredible energy coming off of them.

The St Paul show was great. I enjoyed getting the longer PM set. The crowd seemed to be really into them. I enjoyed getting the Iron Maiden cover ("2 Minutes To Midnight") for an encore.

This is the 3rd time I have seen Avian in about a month. I think they were the club's September house band. :)

Dimension was also very good that night. I think they are a new signing to Nightmare.

Not sure I can really add much more to the comments posted other than emphasize some of what has been said.

Truly a unique experience that goes down as one of my favorite shows of all time. The fact that PM and Stato did not compromise even though they were in such a weird setting is quite a testament to them.

Using the Cheers/Jeers way of breaking things down:

Cheers:
-Pagan's F-ing Mind! I have been a fan for a while, but something about being with 200-300 people in that unique setting may have turned me into an official fanboy.
-Having a Sam Adams with Steiner and talking about PP VIII was cool. I was a few people deep and right in his line of sight for their set that year and he remembered me singing along in front of him.
-ALL members of PM hanging around and taking tons of pics and signing a lot of merch for people. As far as I can tell they made more than the most of it.

Any venue issues didn't seem to bother them.
-Stratovarius got a new fan. I've always been lukewarm on them as I'm not a pure power metal fan.
-The great crowd as stated by others.
-Having the show on a weekend.
-Seeing old and new friends at the show. Got a chance to briefly meet the infamous JDubs and some others on the forum (Jasonic, Diabolik, Mr Kaschie, InvisibleGuest).
-Hawk from Septor for bring his CD for me to give a listen. It was nice talking to him at PP and at the show Fri night. I spent Sat night listening to stuff on his myspace and his CD. Great stuff!
-The venue - for creating a unique experience through all its faults (that's my glass is half full comment of the year)

Jeers:
-Getting out of work late and missing all but the last few minutes of the Septor set.
-No stage for Septor and SD.
-The venue for all the flaws stated by others.

Guess that's it. Hope to see some of you at another show soon.

Not sure I can really add much more to the comments posted other than emphasize some of what has been said.

Truly a unique experience that goes down as one of my favorite shows of all time. The fact that PM and Stato did not compromise even though they were in such a weird setting is quite a testament to them.

Using the Cheers/Jeers way of breaking things down:

Cheers:
-Pagan's F-ing Mind! I have been a fan for a while, but something about being with 200-300 people in that unique setting may have turned me into an official fanboy.
-Having a Sam Adams with Steiner and talking about PP VIII was cool. I was a few people deep and right in his line of sight for their set that year and he remembered me singing along in front of him.
-ALL members of PM hanging around and taking tons of pics and signing a lot of merch for people. As far as I can tell they made more than the most of it.

Any venue issues didn't seem to bother them.
-Stratovarius got a new fan. I've always been lukewarm on them as I'm not a pure power metal fan.
-The great crowd as stated by others.
-Having the show on a weekend.
-Seeing old and new friends at the show. Got a chance to briefly meet the infamous JDubs and some others on the forum (Jasonic, Diabolik, Mr Kaschie, InvisibleGuest).
-Hawk from Septor for bring his CD for me to give a listen. It was nice talking to him at PP and at the show Fri night. I spent Sat night listening to stuff on his myspace and his CD. Great stuff!
-The venue - for creating a unique experience through all its faults (that's my glass is half full comment of the year)

Jeers:
-Getting out of work late and missing all but the last few minutes of the Septor set.
-No stage for Septor and SD.
-The venue for all the flaws stated by others.

Guess that's it. Hope to see some of you at another show soon.

You know I suppose the lot of us should be thankful the venue stepped up in the unique circumstances of the Pearl Room closing down and took the show so it wouldn't be canceled entirely. If someone else has already pointed this out pardon my sleep dust deprived eyes for missing it.

You know I suppose the lot of us should be thankful the venue stepped up in the unique circumstances of the Pearl Room closing down and took the show so it wouldn't be canceled entirely. If someone else has already pointed this out pardon my sleep dust deprived eyes for missing it.

Excellent point! They should be thanked for allowing us to still see the show. It could have been cancelled, moved to weekday, or moved to a worse venue/location.

Also, I think the place has potential as well. It is located at essentially the geographic center of Chicagoland area (city + burbs). They just need to work on their setup etc as someone mentioned earler.