Anyone Heard Otyg?

Its not like blackmore's night - there are sort of crunchy buzzing guitars throughout otyg music, but very 'happy' traditional-scandinavian sounding folky melodies that direct the songs. My guess is the lyrics are something very dark, but the music doesn't sound dark. I bought both albums from www.theendrecords.com and they were both worth it. Some of the most unique stuff I've heard.

Seems like you've been convinced already but anyway... Otyg is one of my favourite bands and I warmly recommend them! Personally I love the lyrics (which are in swedish and about nature and folktales basically) but I'm sure you can appericate the music without understanding the lyrics.

And dont miss the three demos (Bergtagen, I Trollskogens Drömmande Mörker and Galdersång till Bergfadern), they are as good as the other albums, though with crappy sound quality.

And I finally got both of the CD's and I couldn't be pleased more. Though my family (my mother inparticular) hate the music. They just said it was 'weird.' No growling...hmmm...what's so weird? :D

Anyways, thanks for the help, guys and gals! I'm a huge fan of folk, folk rock, and folk metal, and this is about as pure a form of folk metal as it gets.

Oh, and by the way...is Otyg pronounced (Oh-toog) or (Oh-teeg)...or is it something completely different?

hmm.. it's pronounced like ooh-tig. but the "y" is a mixture between the sounds oo and ee. Try to form your lips to a "u" and speak a "ee". This is not exactly the sound but it is as near as can be explained through the internet :D
I'm not Swedish but learning the language ;)

Hehe, that must be quite hard if u're not from sweden, but it is pronounced just like Thidrek said, and actually, there's nothing that sounds like "th" in "Otyg", just "t" :)

Gripe said:
Hehe, that must be quite hard if u're not from sweden, but it is pronounced just like Thidrek said, and actually, there's nothing that sounds like "th" in "Otyg", just "t" :)
If you look closer you'll see that the H is after the Y and not the T. ;)