Apparently the new Metallica album has leaked.

Because it's what normal kids do. If you had friends, you listened to the music. It gave you something to bond over and talk about. Like some 10 year old is gonna know wtf you're talking about if you tell them "Whole Lotta Love" is a good song. :rolleyes:

You are very right, because all my closest friends DID listen to Zeppelin and bands similar. Perhaps if I was surround with friends who listen to "Bye, Bye, Bye" by the Backstreet Boys (or 'N Sync? :lol:), I would probably listen to it and share the common bond with them. This can be applied to anything, religion, customs, beliefs, whatever.

I am actually trying to remember the first cd I ever bought. I can't remember to be honest. It might have been Queen.

What is wrong with you fags? When I was 8 I didn't even listen to music I played with action figures and played manhunt outside and shit... and when I was twelve I listened to what 12 year olds are supposed to listen to. Like the shit that's on the radio. Pop, Rap, etc... :erk: I usually call bullshit when people say they listened to metal when they were like 10.

my first "heavy" band was Van Halen, wen i was 11, but i didn't know what metal was, or what represented (i actually bought the CD because of the coverart (eventually i liked the music), but i didn't even knew that there was different music styles :lol:), and i didn't listen music 24/7 i kept doing normal kiddo stuff like everyone.

but at 13, i definitly was a "metalhead"

You are very right, because all my closest friends DID listen to Zeppelin and bands similar. Perhaps if I was surround with friends who listen to "Bye, Bye, Bye" by the Backstreet Boys (or 'N Sync? :lol:), I would probably listen to it and share the common bond with them. This can be applied to anything, religion, customs, beliefs, whatever.

I am actually trying to remember the first cd I ever bought. I can't remember to be honest. It might have been Queen.

I remember listen to Queen in the car with my dad, and some of the more popular 'catchy' classic rock. But like I said, I guess I was too busy being a kid to alienate myself from everyone to be an OMGTR00 person. Next thing you're going to tell me is you never owned a pair of Nike or Adidas shoes. Every kid follows the trends, NO EXCEPTIONS unless they're fucked up in the head. Everyone wants to have friends and fit in, and as a kid you would be more attracted to pop/rap than some old dude singing country or classic rock. I mean when I was young I had a mixed taste in music, a bit of country, a bit of pop, etc.. Mostly rap though.

That all changed when I was at a friend's house and he put on his older brother's Rob Zombie cd. That was my first step into the non-mainstream music genres.

my first "heavy" band was Van Halen, wen i was 11, but i didn't know what metal was, or what represented (i actually bought the CD because of the coverart (eventually i liked), i didn't even knew that there was different music styles :lol:), and i didn't listen music 24/7 i kept doing normal kiddo stuff like everyone.

but at 13, i definitly was a "metalhead"

Van-Halen is catchy though, it would play on the radio and I would like it, but I wouldn't know wtf the band name was and I would much rather listen to some pop or rap song that was number 1 on the radio :p The first CD I ever bought was Hellbilly Delux by Rob Zombie. I was in grade 6.

I remember listen to Queen in the car with my dad, and some of the more popular 'catchy' classic rock. But like I said, I guess I was too busy being a kid to alienate myself from everyone to be an OMGTR00 person. Next thing you're going to tell me is you never owned a pair of Nike or Adidas shoes. Every kid follows the trends, NO EXCEPTIONS unless they're fucked up in the head. Everyone wants to have friends and fit in, and as a kid you would be more attracted to pop/rap than some old dude singing country or classic rock. I mean when I was young I had a mixed taste in music, a bit of country, a bit of pop, etc.. Mostly rap though.

I only wear Nike! :lol: I cannot explain this. Also, I didn't "alienate" myself from trends intentionally :loco: Like I said my friend introduced me to rock 'n' roll. I agree with your logic, I'm just saying that it is not unfathomable to believe a kid can get into rock or even metal.

Also, I never liked rap until recently, more for the beats. Mac Dre, Snoop Dog, Dr. Dre r all hot shitz 'n ma book.

What is wrong with you fags? When I was 8 I didn't even listen to music I played with action figures and played manhunt outside and shit... and when I was twelve I listened to what 12 year olds are supposed to listen to. Like the shit that's on the radio. Pop, Rap, etc... :erk: I usually call bullshit when people say they listened to metal when they were like 10.

I listened to my Dad's albums, classic rock, while playing Sega or doing Schoolwork. So suck my balls :p.
Also used to listen to a lot of Queen back then. D2: The Mighty Ducks ftl regardless.

There's a point here.

But,

People saying they grew up with some shit, could have a meaning, for example I grew up playing Nintendo and being a fan to Japanese animes and shit. And why do I listen to COB nowadays, and used to think Hatebreeder is nintendo music?.. Because I've listened to fucking keyboard solos since I was 3 :lol:

I cannot explain this. Also, I didn't "alienate" myself from trends intentionally.

Also, I never liked rap until recently, more for the beats. Mac Dre, Snoop Dog, Dr. Dre r all hot shitz 'n ma book.
This comes very close to mine.
I never had a real pop music phase. I was into Queen and classic rock when I was 11 or 12.
Later I discovered bed of razors by accident and everything begun...

In my opinion (which never changed over the years) Metallica is a hardrock-not metal band which did 2-3 good songs and 100 shitty songs. It's not that far away from the emo/metalcore shit.....

Of course you may have different opinions but please accept mine as I accept yours.

So my friend sent me the first song of the album he downloaded. He is convinced it is Metallica, but I'm not too sure. Is there anyway to upload this where I don't have to sign up? Or I can send it to someone with a sendspace thing?

View My Video

I don't know if that works. So sorry if it doesn't.

So my friend sent me the first song of the album he downloaded. He is convinced it is Metallica, but I'm not too sure. Is there anyway to upload this where I don't have to sign up? Or I can send it to someone with a sendspace thing?

View My Video

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Another St:Anger comin!

View My Video

loooooooool this isnt metallica, but a band who try to sound like em :lol: