Apparently there is no thread about Down

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
downsmoke.jpg

NOLA kicks my dick in, definitely up there with the best of Pantera and COC, and depending on my mood, sometimes better. The verse of Stone the Crow is a riff that I could play day in, day out, and rarely tire of.

A Bustle in Your Hedgerow is quite good, although I hated it for a few years outside of the first few tracks. I have since learned the errors of my ways, but this one is not nearly as good as the debut. A little long and pointless toward the end, but still solid and has been a regular in my always-carry-with-me CD wallet for years.

Over The Under I got a few days ago, but have only listened to the first few tracks because it's been chilly lately. Not ideal stoner weather, but I suppose I'll get a few beers in me soon enough and go hog wild. Phil's voice is finally showing a little age it seems, but that might not entirely be a bad thing. I still say the dude is extremely underrated as a vocalist, he's a bit of a douche when he speaks, but if he's screaming or singing I'm more than okay with it.

IMO.

Cool review. I do plan on diving right into this one, but only when the mood is right. It arrived with the new Ulver and a Sigur Rós album, and I've been listening to Empyrium nonstop lately, so the right time is not quite here.
Those (stupidly) waiting for Nola II will likely find some of the same frustrations they did last time around...
I remember you getting mad when I slammed that one, but praising my newfound fortune when I finally realized how good it was. :loco:

Nothing in Return (Walk Away) might be their best song evar, christ it's awesome.

Listened to the new album 3 times since last night. I think we have a winner.

Haha, I'd just stopped by to ask you to post when you've given the album a few more spins. Looks like you're digging Nothing in Return as much as me. I love the vocal melody in the chorus and the whole song just has a great flow. Fantastic song. I don't have the import version with the bonus track, but can't help but think that another song tacked onto the end of the album would fuck up its perfect ending.