Arcturus - Disguised Masters

Verago

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
I´ve got "La Masquerade Infernale" and simply love it so I think about getting this remix-album.
Normally I don´t like the idea of a remix album very much, but I red that this one is very good and different to the most remix albums.

So what do you think about "Disguised Masters". Worth to buy or not?

I have Sham Mirrors and will get Aspera Hiems... soon (not so easy to find here).

How does "Disguised Masters" sound like? Is it more metal or more electronic? Or is there no metal at all (like the new Ulver)?

Disguised Masters is good in itself, but I would recommend you get hold of the other albums first so you can appreciate their style more, before you add a different variety with the remixes.
AHS has more of a black-metal feel to it, TSM is closer in sound to LMI than AHS.
Enjoy!

I have it but I haven't given it much of a chance either. I've mostly been listening to La Masquerade and Sham Mirrors.

It's definitely a weird album. And it has a lot of electronic influences. I think it's rather nice actually. It just takes a while to get into it.

I say get it. Grasping "La Masquerade Infernale" is quite difficult for the average metalhead, so providing you have really done that, chances are you'll appreciate some of the experimentation in Disguised Masters, at least.

It's pretty damn good, there is a 'proper' song that was written for the album, in their normal style, so that makes it worth the price alone (good song), and the remixes are cool- it's done much better than any other remix album I've heard, the songs are actually respected, not totally butchered.

LISTEN....I say that Disguised Masters is only worth buying for the new version of Du Nordavind. Its not like a remix. I think its got some of Garms best vocals. It kicks ass. Deception Genesis is alright also. As for the rest I say its crap. Especially that rappish one. I dont like all that techno remix garbage. It makes me mad. I say get Aspera Hiems Symfonia if you wanna hear some good black metal. And or if you can get your hands on Reconstellation. I have the first one and it rocks. I just ordered the remastered double disc which should kick ass. Get that one if you can...I see em on eBay alot.

Thx for answers, especially to those who told me to get Disguised Masters!

I got it now and it´s good, even better than I expected. :)
The new versions are very interesting, only the Valle Darktrip remix of "Alone" is boring...
But the new "Throne of Tragedy" rocks!

This is the best (and most senseful) remix album I ever heard...not one of these remix albums which you put into your CD shelf forever after 2 listenings.