Arcturus

I love Aspera Hiems Symphonia.
I adore La Masquerade Infernale.
I worship The Sham Mirrors.

Well... No need to say that Arcturus is my absolute favourite along with Opeth, and maybe couple of others. Garm is genius!

bought sham mirrors when it first came out.

found an old copy of 'aspera...' at the local used-cd store today, and then i came home and ordered the rerelease. la masquerade is next.

arcturus isn't a user-friendly group at all. listening to their albums is exhausting but rewarding.... kinda like sex, i suppose.

A piece of news from http://membres.lycos.fr/masterofdisguise/main.htm

"Arcturus are planning a lengthy tour (The Collapse Generation Tour) which will take Europe and the USA by storm from september onwards. All dates will be announced soon. The band is very excited about the prospect of playing their music to live audiences and are hard at work rehearsing to make it an unforgettable experience for both them and the fans."

That would be my Dream Come True! Dunno if it's really true though.

Well while my friend is 'holding' my entire mp3 collection I have only 5-10 songs on my HD.... and I found that one of the songs I couldn't live with out (and subsequently downloaded even though I already have it somewhere) was 'The Chaos Path'.

Oh and perhaps it's just me, but the only Arcytarc I like is LMI and TSM..... I dislike Disguised Masters and Aspera Hymns.......

Arcturus is one of the greatest bands of all time period...
They have endured alot of scorn and criticism by everyone for alot of things.. it's a shame they don't tour, but maybe Sverd (keyboardist/songwriter/leader) knows that they would probably lose more money from touring than gain anything...
It took me TWO YEARS after getting 'La Masquerade Infernale' to finally understand it. Arcturus is pure beautiful music searing your soul... if 'Fall Of Man' isn't just one of the most chilling pieces of music written, I don't know what is...

Originally posted by samoniac
A piece of news from http://membres.lycos.fr/masterofdisguise/main.htm

"Arcturus are planning a lengthy tour (The Collapse Generation Tour) which will take Europe and the USA by storm from september onwards. All dates will be announced soon. The band is very excited about the prospect of playing their music to live audiences and are hard at work rehearsing to make it an unforgettable experience for both them and the fans."

That would be my Dream Come True! Dunno if it's really true though.

I think we've discussed the same thing a little while ago. Arcturus are not going to tour anywhere... There were never any plans for tour since some members (e.g. Garm) don't want to tour and they all are busy with their other projects...

If you like the circle of musicians of Arcturus, Ulver, Borknagar, then you have to buy all the Arcturus cd's. Is obvious that is very tecnic, experimental and avant garde music. :headbang:

Garm, Hellhammer, Sverd, Carl August Tidemann, ........... :OMG:

Lakestream - how could you miss out "Ad Astra"?????? that is the best track on LMI!

the sham mirros is jut plain amazing. arcturus never disappoints me.

all right i have a question for all ulver fans: is it true that the william blake album was one of the gifts that were presented to the english royal family? has anyone ever heard anything close to this?

and ive also heard that the perdition city album gets to be mentioned somewhere in the series "the sopranos" in the US????

if you have any info at all, please enlighten me.

Originally posted by Don Corleone
all right i have a question for all ulver fans: is it true that the william blake album was one of the gifts that were presented to the english royal family? has anyone ever heard anything close to this?

I've heard it also and I believe that it's true.

@Devy Metal: If you have heard the other releases of Arcturus I'd say that "The Sham Mirrors" are something between "Aspera..." and "La Masquerade...". It's not as avant-garde and experimenting as LMI but more progressive that AHS. If you haven't it some sort of strange mix symphonic moments, black metal, hard rock with great piano and a few electronic elements. And because you haven't understood a word of what I wrote go and buy it.

I have everything by Arcturus and have yet to find many bands that even match them. I like all albums for different reasons....

but why has nobody mentioned the AMAZING band

Winds

????????(with members from arcturus including a full string section
one of my favorite emotionally charged avante-classical-metal releases right now....)

definitely top-notch stuff.....
i defy you to find something better right now...:D

I’m relatively new to Arcturus and I’ve listened to La Masquerade for the first time today and unlike The Sham Mirrors it hasn’t grown on me immediately. Both albums are diverse, but the diversity of La Masquerade is daunting, but I’m certain it will grow on me with more listens.

WINDS definitely one of the most impressive bands i 've ever heard, very deep lyrics, amazing vocals, everything in this band is perfect. His full length album is indispensable in your cd player, his mini (of entity and mind), more of the same, incredible.:worship: