Arcturus

Lakestream

May 1, 2001
Uppsala, Sweden
Visit site
I got La Masquerade Infernale and Disguised Masters in the mail today. I can't believe I hadn't heard about these guys before they won Hearse's stupid (eh, sorry..I meant....eh...divine....yeah, that's it) kick-bands-you-hate-thing and I had to buy The Sham Mirrors.

They've truly managed to make really odd avant-gardish black-metallian clean-sung metal......and make it brilliant :) I just can't imagine the effort they've put into that shit, lol

They've climbed unbelievably fast on my imaginary list of good bands. Only Opeth above them right now, and that's not by much.

just get your hands on the song "The Chaos Path" or "Star Crossed" (first song is from "LMI", second one from "TSM").

gives me the shivers......in a good way, I mean :)

:OMG: :yow: :worship: :Smokedev: :headbang:

Get their first album "aspera hiems symfonia"!! this is their best work in my opinion, and one of my favorite black metal albums ever. it may be hard to track down a copy, but it will be worth it, believe me. truely excellent music.

-iz

Arcturus is one of the best bands ever, I have all releases by them...every single track is amazing! The Sham Mirrors are the best so far (tight with LMI), let's hope there will be more to come...

Great fucking band. The albums are not hard to find at all, all of them are up for grabs at The End Records... and quite cheap!

lakestream - how is Disguised masters. It's the only one don't have but its all remixes right?? Anyone else have opinons??

Also Candlelight have just rereleased Aspera hiems Symfonia with the Constellation and My Angel EPs tacked on. Well worth tracking it down. I got it the other day and now my ld digipack is up for trade. So don't be surprised if more older ones start appearing on trade lists/ebay etc.

Cheers

Paul D.

Garm is my favorite vocalist ever, so if you like his voice get:
Ulver- Bergtatt, Kveldssanger, Nattens MadrigalThemes from William Blakes..., andPerdition City
Borknagar- Olden Domain
Arcturus- Aspera Heims Symfonia (since you got the others!)
and the track Battle Between Gods by Zyklon....

Originally posted by curbstone
lakestream - how is Disguised masters. It's the only one don't have but its all remixes right?? Anyone else have opinons??

Personally, I love "disguised masters" and the remixes make it a completely different album than LMI, since it's very difficult to recognise each song. I guess whether you like it or not depends on your tastes, but inside you can find from jungle to electro and from hip-hop to black metal. Brilliant work....

As for Garm's best work, I believe it's definitely "Themes....", this is my all-time favorite album.

I'm listening to The Chaos Path right now and well... my impressions... this is some freaky sounding shit... I dig it, but it'll be a while before I go insane enough to listen to it on a regular basis. :)