Are any of you still using the MM-04/JE-1000 preamp gain booster on your guitar?

I use a 9v battery for both and it works really fine.

i only have 1 battery in my guitar and i was under the assumption that both needed separate power to run.. but from my observations the battery runs straight to the boost. from there is the power getting shared from the Pup and the boost? the reason i do not know myself is because i did not install it; it came pre wired with my Edwards and it has only the one battery box on the back with 1 9v battery.

What are you saying?

The FET transistors on the MM04/JE1000 (and any other effect) need power (9v or 4,5v) to work. Thats why it need a battery.

yes i know they need power to run, im asking why is it that i only have one battery running the whole setup?

To be honest i'd rather just use my Ibanez tubescreamer.
I took mine out when i switched my emg H4 for a Seymour Duncan distortion SH-6 pickups on my edwards arrowhead and now its just a coil tap switch.

EDIT: This is an old thread.

Get the fuck over it. "Oh you ressurected a dead thread" who gives a fuck? Its the same as starting a new thread but there is already shit to read and opinions/info. What I think you are getting at is you want 2 threads about the same topic. If I am incorrect, stop bitching about Old threads.

On a side note, I noticed this is from 2007 and people are talking about Alexi using the Blackouts. I thought he got them when he did Blooddrunk, it would make sense since he would've started recording the album during 2007 for its early 2008 release but I didn't know he played live (thats how we found out about the change in pickups yeah?) with them before Blooddrunk. Was there an ad in 2007 with Alexi and the pickups?

i only have 1 battery in my guitar and i was under the assumption that both needed separate power to run.. but from my observations the battery runs straight to the boost. from there is the power getting shared from the Pup and the boost? the reason i do not know myself is because i did not install it; it came pre wired with my Edwards and it has only the one battery box on the back with 1 9v battery.

yes i know they need power to run, im asking why is it that i only have one battery running the whole setup?

I have an active blackout and an MM-04 and: one battery for both
I haven't installed it but it works great and thats all I know :)

I have an active blackout and an MM-04 and: one battery for both
I haven't installed it but it works great and thats all I know :)
Well I just ordered the MM-04. And the choice of pickup is now what I'm debating. Obviously, if I saw a J-50BC I would grab it straight away, but I just don't have the patience to wait for one to come along. So really it's between the HZ H4 or the Blackout (This would be replacing a stock EMG 81 in an RR24). You say your blackout works well with the MM-04, but how do you use it? I mean, do you have the gain boost low, and the EQ switches in a particular way etc. Plus, what would you (or anyone else who wants to help me) recommend, the HZ H4 or the blackout.

To be honest - you don't need a gainboost when you have a blackout and - I don't know where you want to play - when you just play at home with a mini amp. You need at least 100w tube cabs to become a good sound out of both

Why does everyone say things like "it already has enough gain"? The main point of the mm-04, the je-1000 and the abx is the mid shift. If you want straight up clean gain boost just buy a sd pickup booster, plus that'll work on multiple guitars.

I haven't said this in my post but the reason I installed the MM-04 was because of the mid shift and not because of the gain. At first I had a HZ-H4 in my guitar without a gainboost and the gain was more than enough.