Are any of you still using the MM-04/JE-1000 preamp gain booster on your guitar?

^^YES LISTEN TO HIM FOR GODS SAKE. Ofcourse you can use anything with gainbooster...hell you could even put it on a strat or something and play in a goddamn fender amp. Its just that if you put on a really high gainy sound and put on the gainbooster you might get a overload of gain. and if you have lower gain amp and gain booster you MIGHT get a different and richer tone but it all depends on amplifier really so i will shut up now about stuff im completely n00b bout.

EDIT: Just for the record...nothing works great/Fine on a MG amp. Not even the amp itself.

^^YES LISTEN TO HIM FOR GODS SAKE. Ofcourse you can use anything with gainbooster...hell you could even put it on a strat or something and play in a goddamn fender amp. Its just that if you put on a really high gainy sound and put on the gainbooster you might get a overload of gain. and if you have lower gain amp and gain booster you MIGHT get a different and richer tone but it all depends on amplifier really so i will shut up now about stuff im completely n00b bout.

EDIT: Just for the record...nothing works great/Fine on a MG amp. Not even the amp itself.
If you use a high gain amp with a gainbooster like the JE1000, i think you will get a richer tone. And if you use a low gain amp, you will get a boost.

I use a MG30 at my home, it sounds great when almost everything is at 10/10, except the volume.

^^yeah but its not good for the money(The mg100). Ofcourse the JE1000 but i was mainly pointing towards like Afterburner/Pa-2/MM-04. They were more like a plain boost...no richer tone or anything. Never tried the JE1000...i hope i had one but theyre impossible to find anyway.

Like if you had a marshall MG 100 it would work great but if you had a Engl powerball or a peavey 6505 it would not make a diffrence.
well it does make a diffrense ! still if you use a passive pickup on those Engl powerball of peavey thing and than you use the same pickup with the gainbooster on it ! it will make a diffrent sound !!!

^^yeah but its not good for the money(The mg100). Ofcourse the JE1000 but i was mainly pointing towards like Afterburner/Pa-2/MM-04. They were more like a plain boost...no richer tone or anything. Never tried the JE1000...i hope i had one but theyre impossible to find anyway.

I have a Tiger 15 watt amp and a Marshall MG-100 watt amp
the tiger amp got blown up when i tried the J-50BC/JE-1000(little mistake i forgot to put the volume a little down :rofl:) and the marshall MG-100 sounds super asesome with the J-50BC/JE-1000

still the JE-1000 very cool it makes the tone much gainy and louder.

well it does make a diffrense ! still if you use a passive pickup on those Engl powerball of peavey thing and than you use the same pickup with the gainbooster on it ! it will make a diffrent sound !!!

I have a Tiger 15 watt amp and a Marshall MG-100 watt amp
the tiger amp got blown up when i tried the J-50BC/JE-1000(little mistake i forgot to put the volume a little down :rofl:) and the marshall MG-100 sounds super asesome with the J-50BC/JE-1000

still the JE-1000 very cool it makes the tone much gainy and louder.
where did you get your je-1000?

found 3 of them through Google i was very lucky !!!

have 2 J-50BC pickups aswell 1 USA and the other is japan made still need to buy 1 USA more !

you mean "whole"list?

I already have a J-50bc they're not that hard to find but still!I'm one step closer to the perfect tone.
I haven't seen or heard alot about sp-1000 what do they do?

you mean "whole"list?

I already have a J-50bc they're not that hard to find but still!I'm one step closer to the perfect tone.
I haven't seen or heard alot about sp-1000 what do they do?

lol thanks for the correction my english is not that good

the SP-1000
is a Power amp made by lee Jackson the same guy that made the GP-1000 Pre-Amp

Just out of curiosity does the J-50BC give a decent clean tone at all? And how about the HZ-4 that comes stock with Alexi guitars?

i never playd with the HZ-4
but i can hear from live gigs on youtube that when alexi tone started to get dryer when he had his ESP with the EMG's in it NOt that it is a bad pickup but i found the J50-BC /JE-1000 sound from alexi more Realisticer than his EMG sound i had the feeling that the SOund is more there (Godddamm i dont know how to tell this :rofl: maby Warheart can correct me a little more because i think warheart understands what i m trying to tell)

So the GP-1000 is different than the JE-1000? Which one did Alexi use first and why did he switch? Did it give him a different tone?

GP-1000 Is his lee jackson perfect connection preamp:lol: its located on his Rack. The JE-1000 is because he didnt get a good tone without it so he needed a active "kick" to his pickup:)

So the GP-1000 is different than the JE-1000? Which one did Alexi use first and why did he switch? Did it give him a different tone?

haha

just like what the Phenom said

the GP-1000 is a Preamp its placed in a Rack and that is connected to the Cab(speaker)

the JE-1000 is in his guitar its a electronic board that gives a gainboost to his passive pickup so the GP-1000 will sound good to

and if you want to know why alexi switched from the J50-BC and JE-1000 to HZ pickups
alexi old jacksons where stolen with the J50-BC and JE-1000 in them

but you already know that i think :p