Are any of you still using the MM-04/JE-1000 preamp gain booster on your guitar?

^^What the fuck...? didnt get that.

He meant that that guy's post didn't make any sense because Alexi liked the passive Jackson J50-BC and the JE-1000 gainboost. The only reason he stopped using them is because his guitars were stolen and Jackson couldn't make him a replacement guitar with the same electronics in time so he switched to the EMG stuff.

Whereas arvoitus said "Everybody must go active because alexi does", which is wrong.

He was implying by this: "the JE-1000 Gainbooster are sucky because alexi doesnt use them anymore!" that Alexi hated the sound so he changed, but we know that's not the reason.

Three questions...

1. Isn't the MM-04 the same thing as the JE-1000?

2. Is Alexi using J-50BC/JE-1000 in this video because I think his tone there is pretty tight.

3. In the Follow the Reaper (song) ending guitar solo, what gear is Alexi using there? Is he using a wah-pedal in that solo? If not, how does he get that really cool slightly-wah'd sound?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I said "find your own sound", I was actually "quoting" someone else who said that. Notice I put "oh the irony" after that comment, meaning the people that say that are the ones that go and buy SD pickups as soon as they read that Alexi's using them.

Like you, I just want Alexi's tone from TW too. Hence why I have a J50-BC, a 24fret jackson RR with yellow pinstripes and I'm waiting for a JE-1000. ;)

Aaah i understand

Now the irony part made a bit more sense :lol:

And fucking hell, you're getting there man :kickass:

^^Agreed. I prefer actives coz i didnt like the passives on my previous guitar. Either you like them or you hate them.

He meant that that guy's post didn't make any sense because Alexi liked the passive Jackson J50-BC and the JE-1000 gainboost. The only reason he stopped using them is because his guitars were stolen and Jackson couldn't make him a replacement guitar with the same electronics in time so he switched to the EMG stuff.

Whereas arvoitus said "Everybody must go active because alexi does", which is wrong.

He was implying by this: "the JE-1000 Gainbooster are sucky because alexi doesnt use them anymore!" that Alexi hated the sound so he changed, but we know that's not the reason.

Ah ok. Well we know for a fact that he didnt like his sound on AYDY but yeah i got the point :lol: just a bit slow in the thinking! Its friday after all :lol:

I think the Je-1000 and j-50bc rocks Roope has such a good tone with his Jacksons and Alexi did too.
I've never installed a pickup before is there any soldering involved?

Three questions...

1. No. MM-04 is based in the JE1000, but slightly different, definitely not a 1:1 copy. It looks different than the JE1000 too.

2. Yes, he uses J50BC + JE1000 in that video. That tone is to die for!!

3. Yes, somekind of wah there.

I had a J50BC + JE1000 in my Jackson Stars and it rocked! I sold the guitar few weeks ago, but I kept the electronics so they will go into the new Jackson Stars Custom RR that should be here in about 2 months...can't wait!:headbang:

1. No. MM-04 is based in the JE1000, but slightly different, definitely not a 1:1 copy. It looks different than the JE1000 too.

2. Yes, he uses J50BC + JE1000 in that video. That tone is to die for!!

3. Yes, somekind of wah there.

I had a J50BC + JE1000 in my Jackson Stars and it rocked! I sold the guitar few weeks ago, but I kept the electronics so they will go into the new Jackson Stars Custom RR that should be here in about 2 months...can't wait!:headbang:
In late november or early December?

That jackson stars custom, howsit gonna look like?

Like the other Jackson Stars you have?

I don't have any Jackson Stars anymore. I sold the RR-J2SP that I had. It's gonna look like Alexi's Stone guitar. Except with a recessed floyd rose, cause they couldn't do a non-recessed :(.

24 frets?
MOP inlays?
White binding?
White pinstripes?
One pickup?
Gainboost?

And which pickup is coming in it?

24 frets?
MOP inlays?
White binding?
White pinstripes?
One pickup?
Gainboost?

And which pickup is coming in it?

+scalloped frets 21-24
+original floyd rose
+MOP logo (ok, Alexi didn't have it, but I like it)

I ordered it with Seymour & Duncan SH5 Custom pickup and EMGPA2 boost. This will get replaced by a Jackson J50BC+JE1000 ofcourse :).

J50-BC + JE-1000 + GP-1000 + SP-1000 = :kickass:

I love the early Bodom sound, that's why I collected 'em all.

As for my SV? I needed a neckthru V with 24 frets, so the ESP fit the bill.

With all that said, yes, I am a fanboy. :cool:

I've been getting more into all the "G3" players though.