Are you a happy person?

Are you a happy person?

• Total voters

Life Sucks

and then you die
Dec 30, 2002
Die bitch die!!!!!
Visit site
I was just thinking, I don't think I know anyone that is more unappy than I am (but to be fair, I'm going through one of the hardest times in my life right now). I'm wondering if metalheads in general tend to be unhappy, as metal itself is for the most part unhappy in nature, especially compared to upbeat crap like alt/pop rock and hip hop.

well, probably you have a tendencie to think too much about the bad things. most people do actually.
If something good happens - yay! great!, but if it's something bad, you keep thinking about it day after day...
about the music...well, depends on the genre.
when I'm pissed off I always listen to death metal in general, and it feels really good!
but if I'm sad and unhappy, I always search for even more unhappy music.mostly doom metal stuff - and it doesn't help, although it feels really nice.

Introspections mate... introspections...

Miss*Lie said:
well, probably you have a tendencie to think too much about the bad things. most people do actually.
If something good happens - yay! great!, but if it's something bad, you keep thinking about it day after day...
about the music...well, depends on the genre.
when I'm pissed off I always listen to death metal in general, and it feels really good!
but if I'm sad and unhappy, I always search for even more unhappy music.mostly doom metal stuff - and it doesn't help, although it feels really nice.

Introspections mate... introspections...
You are right, I do have a tendency to think too much about negative things (but this is a typical symptom of clinical depression). However, so many bad things have happened to me in the past half year that it has kind of an overwhelming effect. Yeah, I also listen to death metal when I am pissed off, and lately have been listening to gloomy doom and depressive black metal more than anything else.

When I was depressed I used to listen to Depressing music just because it mad me happy.
People dont listen to music to be unhappy all music in some ways makes you happy or else you wouldnt listen to it. Even if you feel unhappy when listening to music your still happy feeling unhappy or else you would of listened to a happy up-beat song.
I hope that made some sense.

Edit: I went through a depressing stage in my teens when my mum left and my dad left and I had to look after my 10 year old sister by myself for several months but eventually things always work out for the better so now I believe myself to be a happy person.

Mitton said:
Edit: I went through a depressing stage in my teens when my mum left and my dad left and I had to look after my 10 year old sister by myself for several months but eventually things always work out for the better so now I believe myself to be a happy person.

:rolleyes: that probably was a really sad situation, man! glad you overcame...

I think all of us had some Depressing stages in our lives, and of course there are some who really goes down.
and it's funny how people (like me:Smug: ) search for even more sad things, like music, in search of better feelings. Because actually, it feels good, although it makes you even worse.

I remember one sad part of my life, where I always listened to Shroud of Frost and Lost Control, by Anathema, namely bacause it expressed all the things I was thinking and feeling. But it just made me feel even more desperated...:Smug:
and believe me- never listen to Lost Control when you're down. It's fucking frustrating!:lol:

Majority of time i'm unhappy. I do not really know what to do to make myself happy. I guess a lot of people are probably not happy either, oh well. Life does not seem intended to be happy, accepting it is something not easy. I'm always looking into the past for comfort thinking if it would be possible to get back a past feeling.

I got fired UNFAIRLY the second time within a year, and dropped (or dumped, or whatever) by a chick I was dating the second time within a year, and a few former friends have turned their backs on me because of something that happend that is not my fault. And this all happened recently and pretty much at the same time. Ugh. And I have had similar situations before, where many shitty things happened at once. It seems like I am very prone to bad luck. My life has been a string of misfortunes (look at my screenname).

Life Sucks said:
I got fired UNFAIRLY the second time within a year, and dropped (or dumped, or whatever) by a chick I was dating the second time within a year, and a few former friends have turned their backs on me because of something that happend that is not my fault. And this all happened recently and pretty much at the same time. Ugh. And I have had similar situations before, where many shitty things happened at once. It seems like I am very prone to bad luck. My life has been a string of misfortunes (look at my screenname).

yeah, i know what you mean:rolleyes:
i was recently fired unfairly as well - worst! - the guy not even gave me a reason for such thing. but hey! i got a new job again:kickass: , so sooner or later things will be fine for you too :)

Miss*Lie said:
yeah, i know what you mean:rolleyes:
i was recently fired unfairly as well - worst! - the guy not even gave me a reason for such thing. but hey! i got a new job again:kickass: , so sooner or later things will be fine for you too :)
Glad you found a job quickly again. Nothing has quite materialized yet for me, but I'm trying.

Stygian Sins said:
im only happy around my friends.. everytime else im really depressed and stuff.. especially at school
I'm only happy when I'm drunk or when something good happens. I try to act happy at work or with my friends, though I am not. I have a convincing fake smile.

Life Sucks said:

perhaps you should move to illinois.

Listen to Led Zeppelin. that always makes me better.

(just dont listen to black sabbath. it'll depress you even faster)

I think no one is really happy. Everyone has his hard moments.
Take me for example, I've been through more hard times then good times. Just got out of a dip that lasted like 2 years. Such things stay circling in your head.