Are you still a CoB fan? When will you stop being a fan?

Are you still a CoB fan?

• Total voters
dawnghost said:
OH THAT JOKE IS SO NEW AND FRESH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Let me contribute to the discussion:

"Not afraid of crying, sorrow and foe.
Not afraid of falling down below."

"Your tainted flesh, polluted soul through a mirror I behold.
Throw a punch, shards bleed on the floor
Tearing me apart but I don't care anymore."

All the endless whining about how bastards tore his life apart, all the teenage angst, fuck. And that's reflected in the music as well. Do you like this? I piss on your grave.

Unless you're Joonas. In that case, I shit on your grave.

Do you even know what the song AYDY is about? It sure doesn't seem like it.

In Your Face said:
Do you even know what the song AYDY is about? It sure doesn't seem like it.
Lyrics are poetry, Poetry is art.
Art is a representation of the person viewing/hearing it. It can be what he wants it to be, and to you what you want it to be.

If I said Are you dead yet was about fucking a cow you have no right to tell me otherwise.

Peti said:
Pfft dude :lol:
I didn't call myself metal and I never do.

I'm glad you realized that.

I made that generalization upon your avatar and posts here on the board, just as you made the assumption that i'm 'emo' because of my avatar and posts here on the board.

Good work with the image btw, i like it. :)

I kinda like how the whole 'emo' thing comes up so much nowadays. its kinda like years ago when we all said the same shit about metal kids. No different.

CliffBurton said:
Art is a representation of the person viewing/hearing it. It can be what he wants it to be, and to you what you want it to be.

If I said Are you dead yet was about fucking a cow you have no right to tell me otherwise.

fair enough. I'm just referring to Alexi's reasoning to writing the song and what it means to him. He said it wasn't about people tearing apart his life and whiny teanage angst, whoever it was that said that earlier has no right to tell him otherwise.

CliffBurton said:

Art is a representation of the artist who creates it. They try and convey a meaning to you, about something they feel. I will agree, post medernist art is in the eye of the beholder, but except for ambiguous ambient/strictly insturmental music, most music with lyrical content is clsoer to classical art than this post modernist idea, and abstract art idea.

Although thats my take on it, being as I have taken art in school, and art history. It just gives you an alternate way of itnerpreting things. Classical art had a focus, it was detailed and depicted something artist wanted to show, much like music does that is driven by a theme, or lyrics. Insumental music, with lots of ambience, and new age stuff, would be the musical equivalent of Abstract, and post modernist art. Its very loose and up completely to the lsiteners/viewers interpretation.

dawnghost said:
OH THAT JOKE IS SO NEW AND FRESH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Please spare me the sarcasm, especially when it is constructed so poorly. I'm well aware the joke is old, but it had to be said. Everyone in this thread, from the fanboys to the haters, has been acting like a cunt the whole thread through.

Let me contribute to the discussion:

"Not afraid of crying, sorrow and foe.
Not afraid of falling down below."

"Your tainted flesh, polluted soul through a mirror I behold.
Throw a punch, shards bleed on the floor
Tearing me apart but I don't care anymore."

All the endless whining about how bastards tore his life apart, all the teenage angst, fuck. And that's reflected in the music as well. Do you like this? I piss on your grave.

If that was somehow directed at me:

I won't say anything, as your stupidity stands alone as testament to why I would not need to respond to such a random comment.

If its in the context of the whole thread:

I have no idea what CoB's lyrics are about, but lets be fucking serious here, at least AYDY has COHERENCE. The previous albums, like serisously:

"I found session, betrayed now, it's on now,
I saw, human, I see so
Well I am certain of, I don't know how,
other souls beyond this smile"

or maybe:

"I'm accessing in all the northern light,
you know I got no fucking other souls, guilty now
I've got no fine, no fucking thoughts, so,
a combination, now you're fucking dead"

Seriously. Atleast this time around, SOME of the lyrics follow a coherent structure. And his lyrics aren't any more "Emo" then they always were. Its a fad with metal heads to rag on a bands latest albums, I swear. Its a good thing I'm not a "metal head" cause if I seriously had to be put in a category with a bunch of pissants like you, I probabbly would kill myself.

Go listen to some Jazz or something you morons, too much tr00 kvlt metal, will rot your brain.

In Your Face said:
Good work with the image btw, i like it. :)

I kinda like how the whole 'emo' thing comes up so much nowadays. its kinda like years ago when we all said the same shit about metal kids. No different.
thanks.
yeah but that was all about satanism.
from iron maiden to everything was known as satanist bullshit.
and everyone thought that who has long hair and listens to metal is a satanist fag who drinks blood of goats and shit like that:lol:
I have lots of articles about this.
but fuck the stereotypes!
and from now on I won't call you emo.
But you still look like one of them, so emo-looking is grammatically good, isn't it?
And it's true cause you don't listen to emo shit but you're a dyed-haired gay fag if we see your avatar.
You can call me metal because of my picture but you will always be a guy of the new wave whose favourite album is AYDY.
And that's a shame.

FearTheMullet said:
Art is a representation of the artist who creates it. They try and convey a meaning to you, about something they feel. I will agree, post medernist art is in the eye of the beholder, but except for ambiguous ambient/strictly insturmental music, most music with lyrical content is clsoer to classical art than this post modernist idea, and abstract art idea.

Although thats my take on it, being as I have taken art in school, and art history. It just gives you an alternate way of itnerpreting things. Classical art had a focus, it was detailed and depicted something artist wanted to show, much like music does that is driven by a theme, or lyrics. Insumental music, with lots of ambience, and new age stuff, would be the musical equivalent of Abstract, and post modernist art. Its very loose and up completely to the lsiteners/viewers interpretation.

I belive art is always "eye of the beholder" and a good artist can express what he feels easily, and can get his point accross.

Sorta, "I want this painting to mean im sade" and he does it, as apposed to him trying to make a sad painting and eveyrone thinks hes a jolly ol' bean

FearTheMullet said:
Talk about emo dude. I come from Ontarios epicenter for it dude. And it sucks :(

I hate where I live, if its not Chemcial Valley threatening us with cancer, its emo kids threatening us with their presence :(

Do you live near Hamilton?
certain parts of it are dirt-encursted, by certain parts, I mean 80% of the population

CliffBurton said:
I belive art is always "eye of the beholder" and a good artist can express what he feels easily, and can get his point accross.

Sorta, "I want this painting to mean im sade" and he does it, as apposed to him trying to make a sad painting and eveyrone thinks hes a jolly ol' bean

Thats what I just said dude. A good artist, gets a point accross. Therefore its not REALLY in the eye of the beholder, where as abstract artists, post modernist ones don't really need to get a point accross, they want they viewer to come in, look at the piece and make a conclusion aobut it themseleves. It obviosuly will have a meaning to the artist,but the artist dosen't necesarily make that meaning 100% clear. Its like a visual riddle, with no correct answer, yknow?

CliffBurton said:
Do you live near Hamilton?
certain parts of it are dirt-encursted, by certain parts, I mean 80% of the population

Na, I live in Sarnia. Right on the border. Just next to us is a boat load of chemical plants (where Ill be eventually working as an engineer if I dot get into music schol for jazz :p).

FearTheMullet said:
Na, I live in Sarnia. Right on the border. Just next to us is a boat load of chemical plants (where Ill be eventually working as an engineer if I dot get into music schol for jazz :p).
I'm hopefully getting into Mohawk or Fanshawe for music, Jazz bass :). I dont think I'll get so it sucks. Im working now at an engineering place :p

CliffBurton said:
I'm hopefully getting into Mohawk or Fanshawe for music, Jazz bass :). I dont think I'll get so it sucks. Im working now at an engineering place :p

Nice man, I'm applying to Humber myself. Tomorows my audition actually. And I'm going to fail it :D

BUT

I'm tihnking positive, going in and giving my all. And hopefully, I'm in. If not. I'm not going to regret becoming an Engineer and making 200k a year :p

That or my band will make it :kickass: :headbang:

Peti said:
thanks.
yeah but that was all about satanism.
from iron maiden to everything was known as satanist bullshit.
and everyone thought that who has long hair and listens to metal is a satanist fag who drinks blood of goats and shit like that:lol:
I have lots of articles about this.
but fuck the stereotypes!
and from now on I won't call you emo.
But you still look like one of them, so emo-looking is grammatically good, isn't it?
And it's true cause you don't listen to emo shit but you're a dyed-haired gay fag if we see your avatar.
You can call me metal because of my picture but you will always be a guy of the new wave whose favourite album is AYDY.
And that's a shame.

ahah, thats fine. I don't dye my hair, its naturally dark brown, and that was from halloween when I borrowed my friends CoB shirt and black bandana for a party.

I work at express and abercrombie (yeah, it sucks but where I go to school they were the only jobs I could find) so I really don't wear any emo clothes. I don't pop my collar either. I think we can both agree that popping collars is a little ridiculous.

btw, FTR is still my favorite album.

Peti said:
who cares, on that picture your hair looked emo.

haha, i was wearing a black bandana... you couldn't even see my hair.

whatever though, doesn't really matter.:erk: :erk: :erk:

^
^
^

You have no idea how happy I am that someone actually knows who he is here.

Rock on, man.

In Your Face said:
^
^
^

You have no idea how happy I am that someone actually knows who he is here.

Rock on, man.

Like I said man, I'm not a metal head by far. I love everything to do with music and any kind of music.