ARE YOU THERE opinion (about dani)

khristoff

Feb 11, 2003
www.asgaroth.com
NOW, why is the name ANATHEMA THERE?? Should it be "the danny cavanagh band" then???

the vocals: PATHETIC. WHERE IS VINCENT?????????? IT'S JUST LIKE WHEN V GOT INTO HIS STYLE IN ALTERNATIVE 4. HE JUST LET HINMSELF LOOSE AND ALL THE PASSION WAS THERE, THAT SPONTANEOUS SOUL THAT "JUDGEMENT" WAS ALL ABOUT. NOW, IT'S JUST LIKE DANNY COMES IN AND JUST STEPS ON THE SAND CASTLE. C'MON!!!!!!!!

VINCENT WOULD HAVE MADE IT AN ANATHEMA SONG.

the song: It's alright, a bit linear... But still anathema. It seemsa a natural step...

If this is the promo song they've chosen, I just hope there's soething left of anathema.

so what???? that doesn't mean that he is able to sing like his brother does, coz he will never do. He can write really beautiful and touchy music but we will never be able to sing the way Vinny does. He's not having the feeling and he's not having the voice, and that's quite obvious if you listen carefully to the song.

Everyone at Anathema should know their rule, and Danny's rule is definetely not singing!!!!!!

khristoff said:
so what???? that doesn't mean that he is able to sing like his brother does, coz he will never do. He can write really beautiful and touchy music but we will never be able to sing the way Vinny does. He's not having the feeling and he's not having the voice, and that's quite obvious if you listen carefully to the song.

Everyone at Anathema should know their rule, and Danny's rule is definetely not singing!!!!!!
Obviously you prefer Vinnys voice, but feeling? Surely theres more feeling from Danny if he wrote the thing himself like?
Pavarotti is a better singer than me but I would put more feeling into singing my own songs than him.

Nonono, surely Vinny knows best how to sing Danny's songs with feeling :erk: .

I actually think Danny sings with more feeling :)erk: term), though Vincent technically is the stronger singer.

khristoff mate....., take it easy.
i see what you mean when u like Vinnie's voice best fitting (of what u know of) Anathema, but truly think Danny did nice, and the best he can, cos this si a personal song, and i find the lyrics quite fitting. I presume this is not the final mixing tho.

but whenever yer commenting on things, could leave the CAPS off pls? it seems as if yer SCREAMING and i never listen to screaming ppl.

Allan said:
Nonono, surely Vinny knows best how to sing Danny's songs with feeling :erk: .

I actually think Danny sings with more feeling :)erk: term), though Vincent technically is the stronger singer.
yeah i agree. i like the timbre of danny's voice alot, and there's a kind of fragility iin it ...

khristoff said:
the vocals: PATHETIC. ...
i don't think that it is really that bad, it sounds a bit different though, but still it is a great song!!
Probably you'll have the chance to hear Vincent singing it live.

by khristoff
the vocals: PATHETIC. WHERE IS VINCENT?????????? NOW, IT'S JUST LIKE DANNY COMES IN AND JUST STEPS ON THE SAND CASTLE. C'MON!!!!!!!!
If you have an opinion, sure, but why you need to be so rude???
I personally really like the Danny's singing on this song.

Breathe Khristoff, breathe!!! I'm sure there are also a few songs sung by Vinnie on the CD :loco:. That's the reason I don't like singles. You just upset people who are not able to realize that they heard only one song and not the whole CD...

khristoff said:
He's not having the feeling and he's not having the voice, and that's quite obvious if you listen carefully to the song.
pain30.gif
I suddently have the need to get very rude and violent.

khristoff said:
Aha... and who made those rules? You?
00000694.gif

Heyho. well, I didn't want to sound rude, ya know. It's just for me Danny sort of kills the "spirit" anathema has built around themselves. Danny's voice is not bad, but it just lacks the "personality" of Vinny's. You know, It's just the feeling that it's a TERRIBLE shame Anathema don't follow with the original vocal style. I've been waiting for the album eagerly, and it just seems everything around anathema is just getting to Danny.
Now tell me:
How do you think the new track would have sounded with Vinny on vocals?
I'm pretty sure I know the answer...

cheerz

About what? The argument that he's "killing the spirit of Anathema" by singing one of his songs?
It's not as if it's news that he writes most of the music.

With Vinny on vocals I think it would've sounded slicker and more radio friendly, but I don't think I'd have liked it nearly as much.