ARE YOU THERE opinion (about dani)

My personal problem with Danny's voice is that it's too warm, there's too much 'feeling' in it... and I personally don't like that. I didn't download the song anyway. I'm honestly really scared to do so.

khristoff said:
Heyho. well, I didn't want to sound rude, ya know. It's just for me Danny sort of kills the "spirit" anathema has built around themselves. Danny's voice is not bad, but it just lacks the "personality" of Vinny's. You know, It's just the feeling that it's a TERRIBLE shame Anathema don't follow with the original vocal style. I've been waiting for the album eagerly, and it just seems everything around anathema is just getting to Danny.
Now tell me:
How do you think the new track would have sounded with Vinny on vocals?
I'm pretty sure I know the answer...

cheerz
vincent did actually sing that song in the studio and put alot of time into it. then everyone agreed that it sounded more natural if i sang it. i heard what it sounded like when vincent did it and it was not what the song needed. you could tell they were not his lyrics. sure vinny is a good singer but he also a good friend of mine and does not mind at all if i sing or lee douglas sings a little every now and again. its not life or death is it? khristoff, i certainly do not want to kill the spirit or whatever you think. the lads have plenty of their own songs to come and i will do everything i can to make their songs good too. so all i can say is fuck you. write your own songs if you like. and if you can't, shut up then.

Cerulean said:
Someone please bash our dear Kristoff for me.
If Vinny would've sung it I'm dead sure it would've sounded too dramatic, Danny's voice suits this song PERFECTLY. Now fuck off to some other forum please.
spot on. vinny can certainly make my songs better, and sometimes they are just fine as they are. i dont like dramatic vocals. give me honesty every fucking time. hail the boy moss and lee douglas as well.

khristoff said:
so what???? that doesn't mean that he is able to sing like his brother does, coz he will never do. He can write really beautiful and touchy music but we will never be able to sing the way Vinny does. He's not having the feeling and he's not having the voice, and that's quite obvious if you listen carefully to the song.

Everyone at Anathema should know their rule, and Danny's rule is definetely not singing!!!!!!

hey, rules, are you a headmaster :D