what you think about

Originally posted by requiem
Jesus Bane, it's bad enough living in Australia without you revving the live show up to heights I could only dream of!!!:)

laffed out loud !!! sorry requiem !!! Australia cant be that bad,you guys have got good old kylie (phwoooarrr!!!) and holly vallance (repeat phwwwoooaarr !!!) to spank over,what have the brits got,fuckin spice girls for god/goddess sake !!!then again my girlfrend looks like salma hayek so i can't complain !!! and the live shows are something to experience,so keep dreaming,you never ever know.keep safe mate

:lol:

Originally posted by bane

Australia cant be that bad,you guys have got good old kylie (phwoooarrr!!!) and holly vallance (repeat phwwwoooaarr !!!) to spank over,
:lol:

Mate, Australia is great, don't worry about that. But Kylie is a fucking idiot and isn't really an Australian anymore anyway!

As for Felicity, as we like to call her (hehehe). I've always had a soft (hard?) spot for her....

Why don't you prefer Judgement? It's one of the most beautiful albums I've ever heard (but my only Anathema one, so I don't know how valid my opinion is). 2000 & Gone is so simple, yet amazingly beautiful, and as mentioned before, One Last Goodbye is very hard hitting. I love the whole album, really.

Originally posted by thebleakaffinity
Why don't you prefer Judgement? It's one of the most beautiful albums I've ever heard (but my only Anathema one, so I don't know how valid my opinion is). 2000 & Gone is so simple, yet amazingly beautiful, and as mentioned before, One Last Goodbye is very hard hitting. I love the whole album, really.
Don't know who you're asking, but I'll answer anyway! Judgement is a great album for sure, but it has some songs that are less good than others, for me the album kinda stops after "Don't Look Too Far"... The couplets in that song are great, but then that ugly wah wah guitar comes in the chorus, that kinda ruins the fragile atmosphere of the song I think...

I remember I heard "Deep" on a comp. CD just before the release of the album, I had great (huge!) expectations for that album and "Deep" met those expectations, but it appeared that "Deep" wasn't really a representative song for the whole album, which appeared to be quite different in atmosphere compared to "Alt. 4", whose atmposphere I just adore.

You said Judgement is your only Anathema album, I'd really suggest you'd get your hands on "Alternative 4" and "Eternity" soon then, cause there lies a lot more beauty to discover. My personal Anathema fave is "Alternative 4", this album has not a weak moment throughout.

Judgement remains a good album though, better than the new one...

good words mate, i agree with you on 'alternative 4' being better than 'judgement'. this album has been kind of a disappointment for me in 1999. you're very right when you say that the album ends with 'Don't Look Too Far'. the songs that come after this one bore me.

but i prefer the last one, who was more coherent and doesn't hold weak moment. well, each of us has his own tastes, haven't we?

peace,
mehdi

Originally posted by Don Corleone
aaaah, come on, emotional winter is one of the best tracks EVER!

I agree with you there, Godfather.

In fact, I think the last four tracks on 'Judgement' are amazing. 'Wings of God' and 'Anyone Anywhere' are fantastic songs in their own right, while the closer '2000 and Gone' is great too.

And 'Wings of God':

"Solitude was never, never seen as loneliness
And things, they need time
And times leads to other things."

That pretty much sums up the end my previous relationship...

judgement has to be my favorite anathema album as was the first i listened to (i was introduced to the band by a crazy female friend (long story) i put it into my pc and got my trusty mp3 ripper on it and ripped the first few tracks of the album in very low quality (hmm those were the days)
about 12 months ago i started to get into the music and got the full album in decent quality i heard anyone.anywhere and was hooked (so was my sister , brother inlaw, mum and a good few friends) i have since got the rest of the albums
alternative 4 would have to be my 2nd favorite
although the tail end of a fine day to exit is brilliant to drop of to sleep (until that hidden track comes on and spoils the mood )
i saw anathema at the birmingham gig (afdte tour) and was really suprised here is a band that sounds better live than recorded.

true talent

i have a friend, she brought her mother to the gig in paris, and she really loved it, and since then she stole the 'AFDTE' CD to my friend and plays it in her car over and over hehe

but well, that woman really likes Pink Floyd and Jeff Buckley, so no surprise :)

rauha,
mehdi

I remember listening to 'Dusk and Her Embrace' by Cradle in a c.d store with mum back in 1996. I asked her if she'd buy it for me, cause I didn't have any money. She normally bought me stuff if I didn't ask too often, but that time she said 'no'.

I sulked all the way home...:lol:

hehe :lol: i remember once i was listening to On Thorns I Lay's 'Orama' [i find this album pretty lame now by the way, but i was young back then], and my mum got in my room and asked me 'is the singer burping or?' :lol:

rauha,
mehdi

My mom likes death metal vocalists, old Amorphis in particular.

She doesn't like black metal on the other hand. But then, they all do sound like misanthrope chickens. Anyway, back to real music. :)

my mom rulez!she likes bands like Cradle of filth,ToDieFor and Anathema:) and my father likes In Flames,especially listening to them in his car:)
I know it seems weird but that's the way my family is :lol: