Ark? What Happened?

Ark's music isn't bad, but I really don't like Jorn Lande as a vocalist. I don't even know why Masterplan exists. Seems like power metal is all either incredibly cheesy Rhapsody ripoffs or incredibly poppy, simplistic Freedom Call ripoffs. And Rhapsody and Freedom Call aren't even good.

Well if they didn't want to release it back then, I have a feeling this "new" album won't be anything worth getting our panties in a bunch over...

Ark's music isn't bad, but I really don't like Jorn Lande as a vocalist. I don't even know why Masterplan exists. Seems like power metal is all either incredibly cheesy Rhapsody ripoffs or incredibly poppy, simplistic Freedom Call ripoffs. And Rhapsody and Freedom Call aren't even good.

You can say what you will about Freedom Call, but Rhapsody is one of the best things you or I have ever heard!

Rhapsody is as cheesy as it gets. And for some reason their name always comes up by someone anytime I bring up the kind of metal music that I like and I always make a point to tell them that they are NOT what I am talking about. I think I've only liked one song that I've heard by them.

For Italian metal, I tend to rather go with bands like Labyrinth and Moon Of Steel.

Ark is pretty good. I always played the song "Just A Little" as kind of an anthem for my friends at after parties. That song is brilliant.

Beyond Twilight - The Devil's Hall of Fame and Ark-Burn the Sun IMO are the best things Jorn has ever done. I hardly agree that he sucks, he has the pipes. He just sometimes tends to get very dull. You can tell when he enjoys what he is doing, and when he is just trying to get money in his wallet!

Well if they didn't want to release it back then, I have a feeling this "new" album won't be anything worth getting our panties in a bunch over...

From my understanding it was delayed so long as a result of Jorn leaving half way through recording (fancy that, doesn't sound like him? :lol:) and never resolving things. 7-8 years later with no result, they're finishing the album off with a new singer. I don't think it had anything to do with not wanting to release it, and I doubt Otsby or Macaluso would ever put their name to something second-rate.

With the exception of his own solo albums, has Jorn ever stuck around for more than two albums with any single band?