A new Symphony X fan!!!!!!

Pilgrim

I take pity on your holes
Mar 11, 2002
Urine Garden
Visit site
I just happened to stumble across these guys a few weeks ago and I cant stop listening to them. I just boust V and the live cd.

What should be my next purchase??? I'm sure I'll get a few different answers but I'd like some input on which cd I should get next.

Symphony X are just amazing. Its great when you come across new bands!!

I wanna be you SOOOOOO much Pilgrim!!!!!! To be in your phase of metal where you havent heard much of Symphony X would be amazing to go through again....grrrrr.....you are so lucky, just you wait till you get into them properly, you will not be disappointed i assure you!

You gotta get Twilight In Olympus .....Church Of The Machine and Orion The Hunter are amazing choons.... but get Divine Wings of Tragedy first......WoW!

Welcome to Symphony X mania:p a must buy one is The Divine Wings Of Tragedy Awesome cd also check out Live On The Edge Of Forever a compilation of live performances by syx awesome ones btw:D

Originally posted by Fee
I wanna be you SOOOOOO much Pilgrim!!!!!! To be in your phase of metal where you havent heard much of Symphony X would be amazing to go through again....grrrrr.....you are so lucky, just you wait till you get into them properly, you will not be disappointed i assure you!

You gotta get Twilight In Olympus .....Church Of The Machine and Orion The Hunter are amazing choons.... but get Divine Wings of Tragedy first......WoW!

Its pretty awsome to know I have a bunch of good cds waiting to be heard. I just cant get enough of these guys right now!! It sucks that their cds are hard to find in stores. I found V and Live on the edge of forever but the others will be a bitch to find unless I hit amazon.com or something like it.

On another topic: Anybody dig Pain of Salvation???? This is another band who I think have their own sound and voice.

As others already said ;) Welcome to SyX MB :)
Yeah GRab Divine Wings of Tragedy and also Twilight in Olympus
then... when u get a bit more into SX, get Damnation Game and S/T album :D

ohhh.. also the LIVE ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER ;) if u havent heard them already live :p

:headbang:

Pilgrim, where are you going?
:)

now PoS are my favourite band.

love all their 4 albums, but particularly OHBTCL, a MASTERPIECE!

if you play guitar or bass you'd like to check my tabs and midis

www.painofsalvation.it/spartiti.html

byez! ;)

anyway, when "the Odyssey" is out, I'll begin trascribing it.. I'm dying to that moment!

Hey if you want a place that sells symphony x cd's uber cheap just go to www.theendrecords.com and click on mailorder

they have all them for about 12 bucks a pop and no shipping charge. Also check out their killer metal selection.

Yes that was an infomercial of sorts, but that is my favorite vendor online and always deserves new customers!

Enjoy the new symphony x! my input as well as everyone elses on the next disc would be Divine wings of tragedy

the site again is

www.theendrecords.com

Pilgrim, Pain of Salvation are fantastic! I saw them for the first time when they supported DT in London. I got into them in 2000 and every album they've done since Entropia (which I don't really like) is fantastic, IMO.

As for which Sym X CD to get, I'd go with Twilight...

"Entropia" is an amazing album... in fact... my sig is found in the closing piece from that conceptual work...

Pain Of Salvation represents 1/3rd of my "holy trilogy" of favorite bands... residing alongside Symphony X and Evergrey.

Originally posted by Dtrule
damnit, Entropia is FANTASTIC!! ^__^

give it another chance, focusing on Oblivion Ocean and Plains Of Dawn..you won't regret! ;)

Entropia is such a great Cd!!! Actually everything that P.O.S has put out is fantastic. I cant wait til November to see them live. I wish they would do a real tour thru the states, oh well.

By the way, What does Evergrey sound like????