How Did You Discover Symphony X???

^ 0/0 isn't 1 because you can't divide with 0!

I can't really remember how I discovered Symphony X but V was my first album at least.

^ 0/0 isn't 1 because you can't divide with 0!

I can't really remember how I discovered Symphony X but V was my first album at least.

1168329699655.gif

My sig says IF 0/0=1. (which is false of course)
Anyways my algebra teacher once told the class that if he has 3 heads, then every student will fail. He said that's actually true, and it involves pretty deep philosophy.

Now saying 0/0=1 is assuming that you CAN divide by zero, only if the numerator is also 0.
Take x and y to be two real numbers.
You can say 0/0 = 0/0, because both sides are equal to one.
As we know, if x is any real number, then (x times 0) = 0.
So we can substitute 0 by (x times 0), and do the same for y.
Now we have (x times 0)/0 = (y times 0)/0.
Or, written differently, x times (0/0) = y times (0/0)
Substitute (0/0) for 1 to get: x times 1 = y times 1, or x=y.
x and y were just any 2 real numbers, therefore x = y for any real numbers x and y.
If someone unequivocally disproves my signature, I say he's pretty &^#*ing smart, and I'll :worship: him or her.
Yeah, I'm gonna change my sig from 'rational' to 'real' now. sx is awesome.

Because i got tired of thrash metal like Anthrax...i found bands like iced earth, rhapsody and symphony x.

Anthrax has let me down after nearly 15 years of listening.

Some guy on the Opeth forum, back in the day when I used to post there, PMed me and told me there was this band he thought I'd like. He told me to go out and get Odyssey. So I did. Now, Odyssey wasn't quite my cup of tea at the time (and still not my #1), but one day I decided to look and see what other SymX albums were out there because I could tell there was a lot of talent in the band.

That's when I beheld just about the coolest album cover I've ever laid eyes on: V.

I bought it, listened, and with V, I was COMPLETELY blown away. And I've been a big fan ever since.

And I left the Opeth forum to rot like (most of) those people deserve*, and made this my permanent UM home.

*Those who don't deserve to rot, you should know who you are.

Anyways my algebra teacher once told the class that if he has 3 heads, then every student will fail. He said that's actually true, and it involves pretty deep philosophy.

Now saying 0/0=1 is assuming that you CAN divide by zero, only if the numerator is also 0.
x and y were just any 2 real numbers, therefore x = y for any real numbers x and y.
If someone unequivocally disproves my signature, I say he's pretty &^#*ing smart, and I'll :worship: him or her.

I wish you were sin^2 x and I was cos^2 x so together we could be 1 :loco:

I was thinking about this concept today on the way home from school while I was listening to Adagio, and I realized that this theory completely disproves reality as we know it.