Ask KIUAS

I'm not sure this question has been asked before, but I'll venture it here...

Why is it so hard to obtain Kiuas CDs in the States?

A corollary question: Is distribution a problem world-wide for Kiuas?

It took me a month to find and obtain 2 of your 3 albums. I'm still waiting on shipment of your latest one. I'm not one to illegally download anything, so I have to wait to find the actual CD before I consider it in my possession.

Bill

Maybe you already know this, but in the U.S., Kiuas albums (and those of other Spinefarm artists) can easily be ordered from The End Records - eventually. There's always a delay of some length between the Finnish and worldwide release dates. If, like me, you don't want to wait and don't mind paying more (due to overseas shipping costs and the weak dollar), Levykauppa Äx is the place to go: worldwide shipping and excellent, fast service for all your Finnish metal needs :).

I'll be interested to see whether the existence of Spinefarm's new U.S. branch/office will mean that more of their artists actually wind up in stores here (as opposed to just mailorder availability) and whether the timetables for U.S. release dates get sped up at all.

That's only a partial answer to your questions, I realize. Maybe the band can tell us more?

Maybe you already know this, but in the U.S., Kiuas albums (and those of other Spinefarm artists) can easily be ordered from The End Records - eventually. There's always a delay of some length between the Finnish and worldwide release dates. If, like me, you don't want to wait and don't mind paying more (due to overseas shipping costs and the weak dollar), Levykauppa Äx is the place to go: worldwide shipping and excellent, fast service for all your Finnish metal needs :).

I'll be interested to see whether the existence of Spinefarm's new U.S. branch/office will mean that more of their artists actually wind up in stores here (as opposed to just mailorder availability) and whether the timetables for U.S. release dates get sped up at all.

That's only a partial answer to your questions, I realize. Maybe the band can tell us more?

Thanks for the info on the Finnish metal site. The End is usually a top-notch place to buy CDs. Their turnaround time is measured in minutes, not days. Literally. I placed an order with them once and it was pulled, packed, and shipped within 45 minutes.

However, their selection has dwindled severely. Nearly everything I look for on The End is out of stock -- especially Kiuas CDs. In fact, The End told me the latest Kiuas is indefinitely out of stock.

Your point is a good one, however. Perhaps Spinefarm's new U.S. branch/office means better distro for Spinefarm label bands.

it all comes down to distro these days. Without it, even the greatest band in the world is screwed.

That said, after nearly a month of waiting, my copy of The New Dark Age just arrived today! Can't wait to hear it.

Howdy folks, i also wrote a mail on this about sheet music or tabs. I don't know how the rest of the kiuas fans learn to chop some songs, but i couldn't find anything except warrior soul(great song btw :D ). I'm a developing guitarist myself and aside from doing exercises any musician likes to learn songs, just so you remind yourself why you're doing the exercises in the first place :). So if sending certain stuff bizarre individuals like myself is out of the question, do you have any plans to sign up with a sheet music store?

I know more of it's up the promoters, but if given the chance, would you do a more extensive UK tour like Turisas? Going to obscure places that bands don't usually tour like Wales and Scoltand :)lol: Crazy obscure to most bands tbh).

What direction will Kiuas be taking with the sound of the next album?

The third one just came out, and already we're anxious for the fourth. :cool: At least our Boys in the North know that we're still cheering for them.

The new album is incredible. I only become more infatuated with it the more I listen. And the change in mood with "After the Storm" is just awesome. Ilja and his sister sound great together; and the acoustic guitar work on the album is phenomenal. It's an outstanding achievement.

Also, after listening to the new album, I've come up with an idea: Kiuas should start an "exclusive" fan club called Kings of An Unseen Nation. And the motto of the group can be: "Excel and Ascend"

hey guys your new album is out but hmv, play.com and amazon.co.uk are all sold out. I need this album so much i have all your others including that rare mcd on rage of achilles but cannot get the new album.

Anyone know a uk stockist that I can deffo get it from

also great news about the gig will be in leeds to see you guys play and also what the chance of being able to get a cd signed by you guys??

Thanks and keep rocking

hey guys your new album is out but hmv, play.com and amazon.co.uk are all sold out. I need this album so much i have all your others including that rare mcd on rage of achilles but cannot get the new album.

Anyone know a uk stockist that I can deffo get it from

also great news about the gig will be in leeds to see you guys play and also what the chance of being able to get a cd signed by you guys??

Thanks and keep rocking

Should be available in levykauppa-x shipped worldwide:
www.levykauppax.fi

Hey Kiuas et al,

Whatever happened to the studio footage you guys kept on mentioning in the studio diaries? Are you planning some sort of DVD or something, or was this stuff that you just never got around to uploading?

Just wondering,
Adam Fiske

Hey guys,

Haven't been around in a while, but a question has actually drawn me back. Can you guys shed any light on the narration at the conclusion of "The Wanderer's Lamentation?" Is it from a book, a movie, or is it Ilja or someone else in the band saying it? Also, I can't tell; is it in Finnish or English? I've just been curious. :cool:

So, question: who is your booking agent?

I have a promoter friend who wants you guys back in the UK, so who does she need to get in contact with?

And to any other UK promoters or people who know UK promoters, anyone up for some sort of collaboration to get Kiuas a decent sized tour?

And to any UK fans, who would you REALISTICALLY want to see Kiuas play with in the UK?

(Yes my friend sent me on a 'information and suggestions' gathering mission. Help! Please!!! Fans PM me with answers as I don't want to clog the thread up, many thanks!!!)

Hey Kiuas, would just like to say, you guys totally rule...definitely one of my favourite bands! You're probably really tired from conqueroring (pun intended) Europe over the past couple months, but if you could answer any of my questions that would be awesome!

- I went to see you guys in Milton Keynes w/ Firewind, and what relaly surprised me was you were MUCH heavier than Firewind , even though (for the most part) they had two guitarists. Is there any particular reason why?

- The New Dark Age is way better than the first two albums (and that's saying something!) and IMO the best Metal album of 2008. What I wonder about it is what influenced you to change from the more 'Power Metal' style of the first two albums to the more serious, heavier style of TNDA? It's seriously one of my fav albums so I'd love to know ;)

- Does Mikko record backing vocals in the studio? I can't tell if it's him of Ilja just layering his voice.

Thanks, and stay metal :)

Great hails to Kiuas and everyone at this forum!

Question: What about a tour here in South America? I know it's kind of hard, but you do have a great fan base arround here. I'm from Brazil, was introduced to your music by a great friend of mine and since then I've started showing it to all of my metal-loving friends.

I just posted this to let you guys know about the great success you guys make arround here, under the Equator! Congratulations for your really amazing music.

Yep, here in South America (Iam from Chile) is known for the great reception that we have for metal bands. Mostly Heavy (Iron Maiden show with 40.000 or more people, like in Brazil), Power (Symphony X or Helloween alone they will bring 4.000 people), Thrash (Megadeth in Argentina is incredible... ask Dave himself :rofl:) or inclusive, Prog (Dream Theater audience record in Chile 2005, 20.000 fans in a solo gig).

Maybe we are not good with buying Cds or Merch (dont get me wrong, i have the discography of Kiuas! is a big and rare thing here) but for live acts... we are incredible (and sorry... but is a fact that we are louder!)

Come to South America!!! At this time is imposible to think a headline South American tour of Kiuas, but maybe as a support act... a very special one, with a 1 hour show!... Only of thinking a Blind Guardian w/ Kiuas SA tour.... Amazing! or with any band really.

I have a quick question. Are the harsh vocals in Kiuas songs done by Ilja or another member of the band? For instance, are the verse parts of "To Excel and Ascend" sung by Ilja?