Ask KIUAS

Okay yes it'es probably that ^^
I thought it was a mythologic item or something like that I didn't think at all it could be the stones in sauna :loco:

Hey!

I discovered this great band one week ago and I wanted to tell you first that I'm already fan! :p

So here is my question:

"Would you play in France in a european tour?"

I'm asking myself cause most of my friends like Kiuas too and we were really happy to ear that a live performance could take place in our country :p

Anyway you rocks!

Sincerly,

Red' from France

hey miko, have you ever considered doing a video lesson for bleeding strings?(amazing song by the way, one of the best dime tributes around :)

How's the songwriting for the new album coming along? We're all parched from the silence of you guys.

It's early yet but I think Mikko has about 10ish songs ready that we can start rehearsing and compiling to masterpieces. We will start to record songs within this year and hopefully have the album ready early next year.

There have been a few opportunities that we've had to explore that have taken time and effort. It's all very hushhush but that's one or the reasons (or excuses) we haven't made a big racket or ourselves...

This is a question for Mikko.

I love your acoustic guitar parts and I am wondering what is the name of the style that you use (if there is a name)? I have never heard that style of playing before and I am interested in learning it.

Thanks! :)

This is a question for Mikko.

I love your acoustic guitar parts and I am wondering what is the name of the style that you use (if there is a name)? I have never heard that style of playing before and I am interested in learning it.

Thanks! :)

Whoa, what a question! :loco:

First of all...whenever I play ANY type of guitar (or anyone else for that matter, unless they are VERY confined in their own genre), it's a combination of styles, a blend of a vast amount of influences, with hopefully a little something of my own...although everything has basically been done a million times, so creating something truly new is nearly impossible. Nevertheless, it's exactly the unique blend of influences that makes each player slightly different. Of course, many players can still sound boring. :lol:
(including myself!)
...it's how you use and combine these influences that makes for an interesting and personal style.

Anyway, if you were expecting an answer such as: "I'm a member of the Helsinki-flamenco-folk-metal-guitarclub, so i play that style", i'm sorry to dissapoint you, but it just isn't like that. :)

But if I must try to analyze, for example "after the storm" is very folky, the basic chord strumming stuff such as in the chorus is just basic "campfire strumming". The intro/verse is more celtic influenced, perhaps a little to do with me being a Jethro tull fan. I also tried to put some "technical" :Smug: licks in there, they might be stolen from some real acoustic players such as tommy emmanuel. The solo has some jazz-type phrasing, a style I'm TRYING to practice every now and then. :lol:

Does this get you anywhere? I recommend listening to some top acoustic players, for example the guitar trio with Al DiMeola, John Mclaughlin and Paco de Lucia...celtic music, flamenco, acoustic gypsy jazz, middle eastern guitarists, whatever. You'll also notice quickly that different styles might sound so different and yet have so much in common at the same time...

Damn, I got carried away again! :kickass:

Thanks Mikko!

Sorry to confuse you... haha! I will check out your suggestions. Keep on developing your style because you are a great guitar player!

Just a quick question, for Teemu mostly:

Is there a way to get Kiuas tablatures for bass anywhere? I've been hunting for those couple of months already.

Palvokaa Ukkoa!

I learned those songs already, hungry for more! Altough, last week I started to make tabs for Across the Snows. Wish me luck

any chance for more guitar tabs? and Mikko, can you give some video lessons? I think you are possible the best guitarist comming out of finland right now, better than alexi or roope.