Ask The Band Thread

"Our prayers are with you" doesn't necessarily really mean "I will kneel down and pray for you;" it's often a general statement that just means "good luck." I'm a nonbeliever and I say things like "oh, god" all the time; it's honestly just a habitual comment that doesn't mean anything.

People can be touchy about it, though, so I sometimes try to find alternatives. I've always preferred to say "gesundheit" instead of "bless you," but I started using it in earnest when a Jehovah's Witness yelled at me, because apparently "bless you" is offensive to them. (something about how they don't believe that God blesses them.)

I thought it was kinda silly, because people are just being polite - even *I* don't get offended by things like that. (unless someone's saying it to be passive-aggressively rude. you know, things like, "I'll PRAY for you!" and then sotto voce: "...you damned heathen.")

hello! i know this question is not suiting here :p , but i think only someone from Orphaned Land can 'help' me :D .Can you tell me that's the name of that guy who plays with Society1 on drums (in poland).I know that guy from somewhere but sure not from Society1... You had tour with them so i think you know his name... :D .You know it's just like :you singing a song but you can't remember whose is that song and what is the name of this song...

THANX!

Oh, and i hope to see you again in Poland!!!:headbang: I was on your gig in Poland (Lodz) and i want more!!!

Androz said:
I'm not from the band:d but I am a non beliver too, and I still go to the temple on Holy Days like Rosh Hashana or Iom Kipur and pray... It's more like a tradition suff with me

Incidentally most people spell it Yom Kippur...

So my questions:

1) Right so I was in Israel for the summer (yeah, yeah, another fucking tourist) and being that I now have a better perspective of what's where and all that, where do you guys live?

2) And so I went around looking for some Israeli metal bands knowing about you guys from before, got Mabool, whatever. But you were the only ones I found. Do you know of any others?

coolsnow7 said:
Incidentally most people spell it Yom Kippur...
Well, It's the same if you spell it with a I or with a Y, there is no correct way to spell it because you write how it sounds, and in spanish the Y and the I have different sounds so i'm used to writeit with I (I hope this is easy to read:D)

Would you tour the US as an opening band? (I don't know label politics or even if you could be able to)

Hey guys! Haven't really got around to posting on here yet but I always like to have a look around, I'll be in Israel for 10 month's next year and travelling around alot so hopefully I'll get to see you guys live! (also must be pretty wierd to imagine at this stage that you have fans in New Zealand).

No Questions really Just a quick Introduction from one of your fans a million miles away.......

(Awesome to see you guys are At the Gates fan's also!)

at least you bumped my question. I didn't want to be too pretentious by posting something else.

I am sorry to take "Kobi's path" as well, but indeed, I cannot pick one child in favor of the others while they're hearing me :) I love all the songs we composed and recorded through the years, but it's a question of current mood - sometimes I'd rather hear songs from 'Sahara', sometimes from 'Mabool', etc. I recently tend to come back to 'El Norra Alila' actually, but don't think it would be the direction of the next album :) (although I love this album very much).

I trust that we will tour the US as an opening band sometime later, this is not our main priority now, but it's basically a question of timing and finding the right production to make this happen.

i dont know if this thread still works but i will give it a shot.
1-In many music magazines i have seen that the band The Tea Party is said to be very similiar to orphaned land.Whats your opinion about them? Or find them too artificial(the way they play the eastern instruments,its a very common criticism made about The tea party)?
2-Any of you guys are into Sufism?whats your opinion about the sufi tradition?

Hey, Im not the band but I think I can answer you on the Tea Party question. As far as Kobi goes; I introduced him to the stuff when I brought him the Alhambra ep on one of my trips. I don't think he heard the band before that. I don't know about the rest of the OL guys, so I'll leave it to them to answer.

I opened this thread while avoiding a certain assignment on quantum mechanics, but I think I'll avoid asking those questions -g!

I was wondering: a) Do you read recreationally?
b) What do you like to read and by whom?