Astrology, spiritual ant other alternative stuff

does Extraterrestrial life exists? Trillions of planets exists in the universe, but there is no proof that exist any sort of Extraterrestrial life there.

what can't be proved, exists?

Personally I won't believe anything exists until it's proven to exist. I hope there is extraterrestrial life, it seems pretty logical that out of the countless planets in the universe more than one would be inhabited by other beings. But until that's proven I won't believe they exist.

When it comes to god and religion though it's different. Same as before I won't believe a god exists until it's proven. However unlike extraterrestrial life I see no logical reason for a god to exist, let alone the christian/islamic/hindu god(s).

Here is a good analogy into the ET thing that was given by the Physicist Michio Kaku.

Ok, say you have a 10 lane superhighway in full operation by humans.
about 10 feet away on the grass there is an Ant hill operation going on by a whole different species from humans such as ants living in their own world.
The Superhighway is there...10 feet away, but the ants are not really able to comprehend the sophistication of our 10 lane superhighway. They just go on living in their world, with a whole other world living just next door to them.

(My emphasis)
The same thing can be said of humans. There may be something may more advanced out there and due to our limited sensory frequency range, they could be all around us and we wouldn't be able to access them by sight or their craft for example, which could be emitting such high levels of radiant energy similiar to infared rays, that we just wouldn't be able to pick it up.
To break it down, we more or less may not even be able to comprehend what they are doing in a sense. It could be that they may reveal themselves at their own will to us.

In the electromagnetic spectrum we are right in the middle as far as frequencies we can access and then the high and low energy levels of such as what radio waves (high) and Gamma rays (low) basically exist on the both sides of the spectrum in which we are in the middle.

Taking that into affect, I have to atleast be open to the idea.

edited for accuracy

also: This entire thread has become tee el;dee arr

exactly, i belive that this is one of Herman Li points. What he talks about, it maybe cannot be measure with mathematics or physics, but the possibility of a "maybe", that there is something beyond maths and physics, it's already a good thing.

i don't know if there's a greater force or something, but because it haven't been proved, it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, maybe is yet to be discovered

and I bet someone out there doesn't believe you exist either... :lol:

And your point is? If someone out there has never seen any evidence of my existance, why would they believe I exist? I mean fuck it's just simple logic, not hard to understand.

Here is a good analogy into the ET thing that was given by the Physicist Michio Kaku.

Ok, say you have a 10 lane superhighway in full operation by humans.
about 10 feet away on the grass there is an Ant hill operation going on by a whole different species from humans such as ants living in their own world.
The Superhighway is there...10 feet away, but the ants are not really able to comprehend the sophistication of our 10 lane superhighway. They just go on living in their world, with a whole other world living just next door to them.

(My emphasis)
The same thing can be said of humans. There may be something may more advanced out there and due to our limited sensory frequency range, they could be all around us and we wouldn't be able to access them by sight or their craft for example, which could be emitting such high levels of radiant energy similiar to infared rays, that we just wouldn't be able to pick it up.
To break it down, we more or less may not even be able to comprehend what they are doing in a sense. It could be that they may reveal themselves at their own will to us.

In the electromagnetic spectrum we are right in the middle as far as frequencies we can access and then the high and low energy levels of such as what radio waves (high) and Gamma rays (low) basically exist on the both sides of the spectrum in which we are in the middle.

Taking that into affect, I have to atleast be open to the idea.

I love you! :oops:

And your point is? If someone out there has never seen any evidence of my existance, why would they believe I exist? I mean fuck it's just simple logic, not hard to understand.

exactly, so if you don't know if there is someone out there who you don't know about who doesn't know about you still doesn't mean either of you don't exist. simple logic, I agree. :D

.. Which means that having 100% faith in the existence of something you don't know to exist is irrational thought. It's not logical.

.. Which means that having 100% faith in the existence of something you don't know to exist is irrational thought. It's not logical.

not really. can you see atoms? if you don't how can you say they don't exist? we know about them now because it was proven that they are what we're made of, but we as a race didn't always know that... did we?

Spirituality isn't giving up, it's an attempt at understanding rather than trying to ignore what we can't measure through science.

That's the problem. There's no such thing as 'measure through science'. There isn't a switch you flip - now I'm using science, now I'm not. Either something can be proven to exist, and in that case it's scientifically sound, or it wasn't yet, in which case it's not scientifical. If you believe in something without proof, you're giving up finding an explanation which you can prove right, and replacing it with something that ultimately someone just came up with.

Scientific knowledge can tell you things about the world, but nothing about sensitivity.

Some people consider psychology a science. I don't, which means that in a sense I agree with you - but I'm not mainstream.

Perscription drugs do not guarantee happiness either because it is not sustained without the aid of the drug.

Remember that science is never 'ready' - it's an ongoing effort.

In the electromagnetic spectrum we are right in the middle as far as frequencies we can access

The electromagnetic spectrum is infinite in both ways, so there isn't a clear cut "middle".

and then the high and low energy levels of such as what radio waves (high) and Gamma rays (low) basically exist on the both sides of the spectrum in which we are in the middle.
Actually, gamma rays are high energy (high frequency, short wavelength) and radio waves are low energy (low frequency, long wavelength).

not really. can you see atoms? if you don't how can you say they don't exist? we know about them now because it was proven that they are what we're made of, but we as a race didn't always know that... did we?

There's a very clear cut difference between 'proving' existence and 'seeing' existence.

The electromagnetic spectrum is infinite in both ways, so there isn't a clear cut "middle".

What I meant was that humans are limited to what we can access of that spectrum based on the limitations of our 5 senses. I realize that it is infinite. Not to stray off too much, but I find the topic of other dimensions to be something I find very fascinating. It is becoming pretty well accepted nowadays within the physics community, that there may be a number or multiverse existing simultaneously with us. So what I am saying is that may things from those dimensions, of which we are not necessarily able to sense which could be anything for that matter, could pop in and out of our reality if they had the technology or natural means to do so. The same could be said if humans were able to access some of these (say the other dimensions outside of our normal range) call it psychic abilit or whatever have you or by means of technology. Remote viewing for example being a tool which has been known to work (the CIA has used it and have trained military and intelligence people to use it) which may be a means of accessing these other verses/dimensions.

Actually, gamma rays are high energy (high frequency, short wavelength) and radio waves are low energy (low frequency, long wavelength).

So I mixed up the order a bit.

uuh, seeing is believing? :Smug:

btw, you're seriously missing every point I try to make... since you're so smart learn croatian and maybe we can have a more constructive conversation... :p

Am I? ;)

off topic: Sorry, if I learn a slavic language, it's gonna be russian. More tr00 and missile-siloish.