At this moment, Who is your favorite Drummer??

At this moment, Who is your favorite Drummer?

• Jason Rullo

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Mike Terrana

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Joe Nevolo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Portnoy

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Casey Grillo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anders Johansson

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Mark Zonder

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Other

Votes: 20 31.3%

• Total voters
Interestin discussion, I think. Though I think the term "the best" does not work in a conversation about musicians. How would you judge? The one who plays the most notes in the shortest time? Ahhhh...let me think about that for a minute! I guess that's not it! Well...why not say "the one I like most, or the one whose play means the most to me". Well than...
Of course I have to keep the flag high for someone who was not mentioned here before, when I am correct, this would be Simon Phillips!

Comparing Jason and Mike Portnoy is totally boring, as Jason has the way better personality and I know he is the more versatile drummer. So, I did it as well, though I think it is boring. Hahaha! ;-)

Ciao for now!

Andre

Wheeee, seems I'm in the minority here. But I'm all for Thomen. Listening to A Night at the Opera is exhausting even if I'm not doing anything. I'm basing this off of speed and technicality, just to justify and blah blah blah. But right behind him is Rullo. Probably because I've seen him in concert and not Portnoy, but... Rullo.

Dave Teaches at Berklee College of Music and played drums on John Petrucci's solo CD which is yet to be released. He also toured with the Cro-Mags.....

I saw him at this show with his old band Two Ton Shoe at Berklee and they had Chad Smith from the Red Hot Chili Peppers sit in. Man What a night!

Second to dave is another Berklee Prof I know named Mike Mangini, mike toured with Steve Vai and then with Extreme,

Check out dave's site at Http://www.davedicenso.com, some killer solo's on the sounds page!

Later;
Jim