Atheist To Record New Album

When I first heard Atheist in like 2007 I read an interview with Kelly when he said he would never make a new Atheist record. And that slowly changed to "We won't make one unless if it as good as the three albums". WELL.... They're recording with Jason... His current production is well... SHITE. But if he can do something like what he did with Monstrosity it should be cool. I want a follow up to Elements. But I have a feeling it'll just go back to the sound of their second album. Not a bad thing but it just isn't progression. WELL... We will see what happens soon I supose.

Saw this yesterday, but I don't hold high hopes for it.

Their prvious releases were of such high quality that I just don't see them managing to replicate it. Still, could be interesting.

I still need to get the rest of their albums. I only have "Piece of Time". Still, sounds like it could be cool.

Unqustionable Presence is their best by far, though not as death metally as Piece of Time. Elements is almost entirely deoid of any death metal influence, but it's still great - hence why i don't see them following them up.

Seems to be most peoples favourites but it isn't my favourite at all. I'd find it stupid to follow the way that album went because it'd be a step backwards for the band. As they did change gradually on the three albums.

People are VERY close minded about Elements for some strange reason. People are just like "dis nut metalz enough nuuuu!!!".

It'll be good to hear the modern take on classic tech death (if Jason does a good job with the sound) I think the death metal scene is in need of. The scene has been saturated with shit tech death/core bands for too long.

I'm really looking forward to it, and I have high expectations... I just hope it doesn't disappoint!

I sort of look towards Pestilence and Cynic to see how their reformed albums went. Because they were both playing similar music to the bands. Resurrection Macabre was a shite album to be honest. Wasn't my cuppa. Cynics album was fantastic. But it wasn't the same style anymore.

But weelllll... We'll see what happens. Kelly announced they were writing since 2008 so it's taken two years to write. Maybe they have really perfected it?

ALSO here's a worry.
http://www.myspace.com/gnosticmusic

Here's what three core members of Atheist made.

The bassist and vocalist for Atheist isn't in that band, the bassist is what REALLY brought most of the jazz sound to Atheist (particularly in elements), and Kelly brought a lot of the heavy-ness as well simply in terms of vocals.

I think Gnostic is a good band though... I wouldn't say it has 3 core members, just two, the drummer and a guitar player. They weren't the primary writers by any means. I don't think they are at all resembling what we will be hearing from Atheist.

Me too, I listened to like half of it yesterday. Great album I think. Whats so bad about it?