Attention Nirvana Fans....

I'm entertained. We go from friend Patrick who just doesn't have a clue to retarded prog fans to Nirvana just sucks to stoned Phish followers.

:wave: Hey guys..Mudvayne rules, Slipknot rocks. Clapton is God.

all i have to say is that you may not like symphony x style of music, but you can't say its bad music or that they don't have talent. they are musical geniuses. and if someone can't see that, then they obviously don't know music...or should i say good music!

wicked34 said:
all i have to say is that you may not like symphony x style of music, but you can't say its bad music or that they don't have talent. they are musical geniuses. and if someone can't see that, then they obviously don't know music...or should i say good music!

I agree.

And good god this is a LONG thread lol. Here's my opinion.

I don't have any Symphony X Cd's but I have 4 songs on a burned disc. I have a Nirvana CD(Smells like...). I like Symphony X better. Kurt wasn't a musician, but a lyric writer, (in my mind). Some songs though, I wanted to pull the trigger on his 12 gauge shotgun (haha, im such a dickhead). The music sucked, the singing sucked, the lyrics good. So, Patrick, SHUT UP, Nirvana isn't that great. Symphony X is a lot better.

part of what makes SX so great is the guys behind the music. I think they are just really awesome down to earth guys, which makes their music that much better, and makes you respect them even more. They clearly love what they do and you can feel their love for their fans at their concerts. Let's face it, Kurt was a little messed up and obviously depressed (the lyrics say it all).... The combination of the feeling SX music gives me and knowing what kind of people it comes from makes me love their music that much more. You can't even compare them to Nirvana, there will never be another band quite like Symphony X. Rock on boys!! :headbang:

Next time Sym X tours, we'll all kidnap this Patrick kid and haul his butt to the front of the stage and show him the real deal firsthand.
Hey, you do what you gotta do. :headbang: (Smells like team spirit)

Insert Symphony X instead of Nirvana and you guys are honestly starting to sound like this Patrick guy... What's the point of bringing up a topic about some person who said Nirvana is better than Symphony X... on a freaking Symphony X messageboard? What kind of answers do you expect to get? Now you have a bunch of people on this board that are turning into assholes like Patrick is.

-Kronikle

I have respect and everything but imo the only good thing Kurt did for music was to blow his brains out.
Patrick is not an idiot he just cant understand good music.

heh, I love this thread. It Actually was a BS thread, and I figured no one'd pay attention, but it looks like this ones a winner.

Hes slowly getting into Metal now (Slayer, Vai etc), and Im working on 2 more, I showed this kid who liked Rap - Inferno, and he went apeshit, so we'll have to see how this one turns out =)

---- A Winner

Kronikle66 said:
Insert Symphony X instead of Nirvana and you guys are honestly starting to sound like this Patrick guy... What's the point of bringing up a topic about some person who said Nirvana is better than Symphony X... on a freaking Symphony X messageboard? What kind of answers do you expect to get? Now you have a bunch of people on this board that are turning into assholes like Patrick is.

-Kronikle

i see what you are saying, but also like you said, this IS a symphony x message board. of course everyone is gonna defend one of their favorite bands if someone wants to bash them. i honestly don't care if someone doesn't like SX, or is a hard core nirvana fan. but it does bother me when someone thinks a band like nirvana is more talented, cause thats just simply not true! i personally think this thread is light, fun, and very entertaining! i love reading my fellow symphony x thoughts on why SX is so amazing!! rock on guys :headbang:

Has everybody here lost their sense of taste to give open way to "musician brilliantship"? Why the hell can't I like a horrid guitar player? Why should I be a stupid person for listening to what I like instead of what's technical or musically awesome? And Haggicide, if you don't like it, it doesn't mean it is dissonant. You know, mostly everything here has a lot of coherence (and a bit/some/all truth), but saying Nirvana is dissonant... Open your ears man. Good old Major/minor chords, power chords, nice progressions, some lyrics over it, a solo that sounds just like the verse. That surely can't be dissonant. And isn't. You know, I've heard a lot of bands from the so worshipped metal (even prog metal) genre that are/were half as inovative as Kurt Cobain.

Now my point of view on the original subject. Your friend is somewhat dumb (or deaf I might say). But you would be a hundred times dumber if you would let that affect your friendship. Live and let live.

Haggicide - Rock on for the uplifting of Page... definately more influential than Hendrix and Cobain... although Jimi was the one who made electric guitar cool.

El Predicador - Nirvana wasn't dissonant? I'm gonna point you to a little album called "In Utero" now. *shudder*

ElPredicador said:
inovative as Kurt Cobain.
o_O:ill::erk::confused::err:

Kurt Cobain? Innovative? He just took late 70s-early 80s punk, and put unwashed hair and ill-fitting clothes on it. Even the riffs and melodies were standard early punk. Nirvana was good at doing what it did, but there was not an atom of innovation in their music. They made it popular in the mainstream, though.

Aside from whether they were a good band or not, they were only new and innovative to the mainstream. I give Kurt Cobain credit for his marketing skill, though. He knew how to create and promote an image that would sell.

Well, I'm pretty much with ElPredicator on this one, but...

IMO Mike Romeo wasn't very innovative either. He just ripped off Yngwie, Holdsworth and some other guitarists and then called it 'his style'.

Neither was Yngwie, he is nothing but blatantly ripping off Blackmore, Bach and Paganini to day one.

And just don't start me on Kai Hansen.