Attn : People from the UK [to be deleted]

Dev

UTF-8 professional
Dec 9, 2002
Paris
My GF received a notice a few days ago saying that 3 grams of cannabis had been forfeited on the way to hers. Thing is she dosen't smoke any.. She came to the conclusion that it must have been a "gift" from one of her friends abroad.

The notice says that she has one month to claim it back on medical terms or that legal action is to be taken against her and although that merely translates into a notice (quite common and rather harmless it seems). It would be quite a problem for her to get a criminal record because she only has a couple of weeks more to work - at school duh - not to mention that she may want to come back to the UK later on..

If she dosen't do anything she will end up having this notice written on the record which is international and she just has no clue at all what to do or whom to conatct/adress.

Any thoughts?

I don't understand how it would be a problem if she gets a life ban from the UK. Then you'd take her back to France and we'd have rabid threesomes listening to Grand Belial's Key.

Have her just contact the In'tl Customs then. There should be a # on the letter. If she has no part in it, she has no reason to be worried imo. Was it in her name? If so, someone is playing games with her.

Her name's mentioned but it's slightly mispelt, however the adress and everything else are there. We'll investigate, cheers :kickass:

I'd suggest just walking into her local police station, explaining the situation and asking them what the score is / what she can do. The police here are often helpful, unless you're unlucky. That said, I've never even come across this before - I thought if drugs were found in the post they just confiscated them and did nothing else...

that sucks, not even her fault now she has to go clear it up. i sure hope nothing serious comes of it but you never know, bureaucracy can be a real clusterfuck, so i'd be ready for a royal pain in the arse eh?