Australia TOMORROW!!!

From what i heard the Sydney gig wasn't that packed at all....Hopefully it's a bigger attendance in Melbourne tonight!
Yoldz and I are both confused about it, thought they would of had a fairly big following here, but then again for some reason this forum is basically inactive as well!....I'll probably comment about tonights show tomorrow, it'll be awesome!

I just woke up from my nap. I was buzzing all night after the gig! What a night. Evergrey are one of my favourite all time bands, so it was gonig to be good no matter what. Good it was, but the setlist was too familiar (from the DVD, but shorter).
A great night, that's for sure. I too heard that Melbourne's attendance will be bigger, especailly since the venue is bigger.

Last night was brilliant!! Good set-list IMO and the crowd responce was great... I got nothing more to say than awesome all round!

And what a nice buch of guys hanging around afterwards to sign, take photos and talk with the fans. Good times \m/

I've been following prog rock (and for the last ten years -prog metal) since 1967. In that time I've been to thousands of concerts and I can truly say that last night's performance was one of a handful of gigs that will stay in my well worn brain for ever.

I stood at the very front of the stage for five hours, unwilling to move from my excellent position. After the first song Thomas looked down at me and gave me a look as if too say - "glad you are here". They played an extra half hour with three encores and certainly gave one their money's worth.

He said it had teken them eleven years to get down here and that friends in other bands had told them to make the trip. I for one am glad they did. Fakken A

Trio-1.jpg

What a night, I still can't believe how awesome it was - here is my post from MySpace blog -

A Night to Remember - May 11th, 2007

"As the title states, May 11th, 2007 was a night to remember, a night I will never forget!

I was at the Gaelic Club in Surrey Hills, Sydney, seeing a band which I truely love - Evergrey, a Swedish progressive / power metal band.

For weeks before hand, I was so stoked with the fact that Evergrey were coming to Australia and the time was coming closer.

I arrive at the gig with 2 very good friends of mine - Brendan and John, we arrive in at about 8PM, I get my merchandise and I go to near the stage, first band up - Sydney band Transcending Mortality, awesome show by the guys, they threw in an awesome cover of Book of Thel by Bruce Dickinson, I am a fan for sure now, I will try and make it to all of the shows I can now for sure!

After a short wait, the next band up - Melbourne's Eyefear blew me away with their set, they had the crowd in the palm of their hand, awesome set, loved every minute.

Then, at 11:00 PM, the band everyone was waiting for came on, Evergrey, kicking off with Blinded, my jaw hit the floor and I had a shit eating grin on my face.

During EG's set, in the mosh I lost a T-Shirt, looked for my shirt, came to no avail, walked out of the pit and stuck to the back.

I decided to get another shirt, and I said to my friend John, "Fuck it, I am going to go back in" (I made sure I put the T-Shirt on this time ).

I ended up around near the front near Henrik Danhage, their lead guitarist, so I was happy, doing my air solos in front of him, he gave me the horns and winked a few times.

But, during the song "The Masterplan", something awesome happened, Henrik went over to his Guitar tech, and pointed at me, and some how, I don't know why, his technician pulled me up on stage and Henrik put his guitar on me!

I was dumbfounded, I started to play, I am not very good I admit, but being on stage with Evergrey was the most awesome thing to happen to me as far as I can remember.

Standing on stage with Evergrey while they were doing their bow towards the end was so fucking amazing.

Afterwards, the band was doing a signing at the merchandise table, so I got my stuff signed, album covers, dvd cover, setlist etc, I was known as the Shredder!

I got a photo with the band which was amazing, it was truely a night to remember for me!

Had a drink with Henrik, had a chat, said bye to the guys, drove home absolutely stunned!

Very extra special thanks have to go out to Tom, Henrik, Jonas, Rikard and Fredrik, for being awesome and making this fan's night / day / year/ life! Special shout out to the band's guitar tech and Edward, their manager!

Thanks to everyone who came up to me and congratulated me and to everyone I met at the gig, you rock!

Still dumbfounded, it will be a night to remember for me for many years to come!"

Setlist -

Blinded

End Of Your Days

Rulers Of The Mind

Solitude Within

Nosferaftu

As I Lie Here Bleeding

Obedience

Till Dagmar

Still In The Water

Monday Morning Apocalypse

I'm Sorry

Mark Of The Triangle

---------------------------------------------

Recreation Day

When The Walls Go Down

A Touch Of Blessing

The Masterplan

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

If anyone else has any more photos or knows where some are, please PM me.

Thanks,
Sam

Dude, that is simply awesome. You got to jam with Evergrey. That's sweet.

Nice setlist also. Hell, I've seen them here in California twice, and both times they were pretty short sets (6 song sets each time), so I'd love to see a set like that one.

ImprintedLife that was so mad when you got pulled up onto stage! That'll be a memory to remain with you for life :). I along with many people were surely jealous of you! So awesome! Evergrey were by far one of the most easy-going and friendly bands i have experienced. Not only with pulling you up onto stage, but also another guy who crowd surfed up onto the stage - they weren't phased at all. They treat their fans with a great respect, and particularly showed this after the gig when they were signing and hanging out with everyone. Truly awesome. I have not heard one bad review about last night, everyone has been so impressed and for good reason! Can't say i liked the support bands that much, but Evergrey sure made it a Night to Remember!! :)

@ImprintedLife: lol! I was the indian guy who stepped out of the way from my gold front row spot so that you could get your ass on stage! That was so random and awesome! I met an american guy who was with me in the front row right between Tom and Henrik, he had a good digital camera and took several pics, but I'm waiting for him to add me on facebook so I can obtain more photos.

Oh, and Jon Van Daal, I think I was the guy right next to you, on your left. Prime spot! I was tempted to steal one of Henrik's picks like some others were doing, but didn't :p

What a night it was. The support ruled, Evergrey ruled. And to top it off, nicking a setlist, getting it signed, and then talking to Tom Englund, one of my metal idols. Fucking Awesome.

all I can say is.... best show ever....
apart from Henrik accidentally stepping on the power adapter and cutting guitars for the solo section of nosferatu...
my head hurts, my neck hurts, my ears hurt.... but it's total eupohria...

Rich

The show was simply amazing in Melbourne last night, those guys really did an awesome job and look forward to their return alot!
The setlist was the same as the Sydney one above from memory us all singing along to I'm Sorry was just awesome. Getting to meet and greet with the band an get stuff signed was awesome....
From what Jonas told me they're going swimming with sharks today!

man i'll never forget the night in sydney..i travelled all the way from canberra to see this show i booked it in feburary and was so stoked to find out evergrey was coming to australia..i thought they never would come down under..anyway back to the concert

i got there around 7:30 waiting outside the gaelic club, waiting in anticipation to see my favourite band. i bought 3 t-shirts one to wear one for my mate and one for the band to sign afterwards (i was hoping they would be signing after the show). when they played blinded the whole place went off, the crowd was so awesome that night. the setlist was simular to night to remember but with a few songs off monday morning apocalypse when they played mark of the triangle everyone went off shit it was good. and 3 encores man that was sweet the crowd were chanting for more..and we got it.. :headbang:

Henrik threw a pick at me after as i lie here bleeding but the dude next to me got it..pretty pissed about that. Imprintedlife you lucky bastard jamming with the boys i was so jealous but it was awesome..masterplan sounded a bit different with you playing..lol

and then i got my t-shirt signed by them all there all nice guys and were more than happy to sign anything including henrik drawing a penis on a stick dude on a piece of paper..man it was funny...lol and of course i talked to tom told him he killed it and how playing mark of the triangle made my day..

what a gig what a day!!!! 11th may 2007 night to remember...forever!! :worship:

ps if anyone has any pics of the night post them or send them to me

I've been following prog rock (and for the last ten years -prog metal) since 1967. In that time I've been to thousands of concerts and I can truly say that last night's performance was one of a handful of gigs that will stay in my well worn brain for ever.

I stood at the very front of the stage for five hours, unwilling to move from my excellent position. After the first song Thomas looked down at me and gave me a look as if too say - "glad you are here". They played an extra half hour with three encores and certainly gave one their money's worth.

He said it had teken them eleven years to get down here and that friends in other bands had told them to make the trip. I for one am glad they did. Fakken A

Trio-1.jpg

Haha, I think I was right behind you dude! I was wearing the Iced Earth T-shirt, singing really badly and screamnig very loudly. Sorry if I was a bit too much, but I'm sure you could understand my excitement. It looked like you got some awsome photos too.

That was indeed a great night. Evergrey were great, they played MotT and Rulers of the mind, so I heard all that I had to haha.
What made the night rule though were Eyefear. I don't think I've seen them play better. I'd even dare to say they had more stage presence than EG! (well, for me anyway)

Great night, can't wait for their return.

Yeah you were behind me too :) It was great gig to go berzerk in, but in an enjoyable way (good I didn't get crushed)

Eyefear kicked serious arse. The (excellent) singer reminded me of Gio (John) from Black Majesty, a band I've been into for 6 months, and it turns out he's his cousin!

Yeah you were behind me too :) It was great gig to go berzerk in, but in an enjoyable way (good I didn't get crushed)
Yeh thats exactly what I thought. I was just in front of the mic in the second row so I was probably next to you. The venue was great, a really relaxed atmosphere and I actually got close to them and got stuff signed. Also I loved the support acts. My favourite song was probably I'm sorry because we sung most of the song for him. I did think that the keyboards and vocals were a bit quiet thou I couldn't really hear his voice. All in all, with the risk of sounding cliched it WAS a night to remember :headbang:

Imprintedlife you lucky bastard jamming with the boys i was so jealous but it was awesome..masterplan sounded a bit different with you playing..lol

Thanks for that! I was trying to play along with Tom on the chords, but it was nervous and stunned at the same time! I hope some other people have some photos, that would be fucking awesome!

Thanks for that! I was trying to play along with Tom on the chords, but it was nervous and stunned at the same time! I hope some other people have some photos, that would be fucking awesome!

yeah i saw ppl with cameras and stuff hope they send in the photos..that's awesome you had drinks with henrik..should of stayed longer..