Australian tour

it's good the brisbane gig is on first (if memory serves) so i can have a go at getting in there and then try ONE more if i don't get in...just have to work out where i'll go. only enough money for one flight.

Bah....u think u have it bad Moonlapse!!!!???

Opeth have been my favourite band for like 4-5 years.....ever since i first heard morningrise and orchid......(longer than most ppl here)....

And they finally come after me waiting years....and are playing at a bloody 18+ venue.....when im like 4 months off turning 18

FUCK!!!!

:'():mad: :mad: :cry: :eek: :( :mad:

Hey guys!

This is my first post on this Opeth forum. Although I don't consider myself a fan, I am definitely an Opeth appreciator :D
Originally posted by Chow Mai Dong
It's not up to the band as to whether they play any 18+ shows or not; they may request it (although not many touring bands do), but in the end it's up to the promoter to decide whether there's going to be any all-ages/underage shows.

I pretty much agree with all that.

My suggestion is to keep an eye out for any mention of this tour in your street press:
Melbourne-Beat and Inpress
Sydney-Drum Media
sorry:confused: I don't know the other interstate street mags.

The Metro can be an all ages venue.

My suggestion would be for everyone to start contacting the promoter (and be nice) and request the gigs are all ages. The more people who do this, the more the promoters will realise how many ticket sales they will lose.

But, please be nice to them if it doesn't come off as all ages.

Certain places just don't have the facilities or are no longer permitted to hold them (this is governed by the licensing sergeant of the area for a given venue in NSW). They must be able to physically separate the licensed areas from the unlicensed areas (which the Enmore can do as the bar is not inside the auditorium but in the foyer).

Melbourne people, if you want to try and get a vibe for The Corner, I wrote a review following the Edguy tour last year...
http://www.metal-rules.com/concerts/edguy/EdguyAus/edguydownunder.htm

Spoke to Metro in Sydney. 'Hoping' to get tickets on sale by Friday. No price set yet. Also, all gigs are 18+ unless stated otherwise.

Originally posted by Natasha
Melbourne people, if you want to try and get a vibe for The Corner, I wrote a review following the Edguy tour last year...
http://www.metal-rules.com/concerts/edguy/EdguyAus/edguydownunder.htm

Hey, that's a damn fine (and lengthy) review... have ya sent it to Steve Ravic? I'm sure he'd appreciate it. I wish I caught more shows on that tour, I was only at the somewhat meagre Corner Hotel one.

for people who have been to other metro concerts try and answer these questions

how many people can the metro hold?

do you think opeth will sell it out?

and if so, how long will it take for tickets to sell?

im at work on friday so if they release them would i still be able to purchase them on saturday? or would they sell out too fasT?

(i obviously have no idea how popular opeth arre in sydney!)

The metro can hold approx. 2000 people. The tickets will sell out fast as the Metro attracts alot of attention, they will not sell out fast, atleast I don't think so, hopefully they WILL sell out...but in enuff time to make a purchase :)

Originally posted by City_of_da_Moon
Bah....u think u have it bad Moonlapse!!!!???

Opeth have been my favourite band for like 4-5 years.....ever since i first heard morningrise and orchid......(longer than most ppl here)....

And they finally come after me waiting years....and are playing at a bloody 18+ venue.....when im like 4 months off turning 18

FUCK!!!!

:'():mad: :mad: :cry: :eek: :( :mad:

Argh, sorry to hear that man... but hey if the security is as lax as everyone says it is, you'd be able to get in easy... alot easier than my 16 yr old ass :p. But hey, we'll see how things turn out.. if I can't get in I'll just hang around the bus the whole day with my friends... maybe beg random people for backstage passes haha.

I remember I was trying to get into a gig many years ago, and was hanging around asking various roadies or officials if I ccould go in. One doorman let me in, on the basis that I come back after the gig and hand out flyers. Can't belive he trusted me, thats probably why I went back after the show and handed out those flyers.

Ah ok. Finally confirmed. 12th February, next wednesday is when tickets for the Metro gig will go on sale! $35+bf. Sounds very good considering the extortionate prices of other bands when they have come out here.

Well i can afford to get in the venue.... if only i could get to the venue in the first place... and if only i could afford accomodation... wish i had friends there i could stay with! ahh

must.......

go........

bf = booking fee

i assume

unless you need to have a boyfriend to get in? :/

hehe

Nothing official as of yet... though a few names have been dropped here and there... Namely Alchemist...... and I believe 'Infernal Method' (Was that their name?)

Originally posted by Chow Mai Dong
Hey, that's a damn fine (and lengthy) review... have ya sent it to Steve Ravic? I'm sure he'd appreciate it. I wish I caught more shows on that tour, I was only at the somewhat meagre Corner Hotel one.

He has seen it. If you were at the Corner, I was the female with long black hair taking photos in the pit who had to keep apologising to the guys in the front row for blocking their view :D

Originally posted by Spike
Nothing official as of yet... though a few names have been dropped here and there... Namely Alchemist...... and I believe 'Infernal Method' (Was that their name?)

I don't think you'll be seeing Alchemist supporting. From what I've been told, they've moved away from the metal sound with their latest recordings (but I am going on heresay)

This week's Drum Media has no support listed yet. It could be ANYONE:
Dungeon
Internal Method
Dayscend
Bloodduster
Earth
the list is endless...