Awesome Drumming Thread

ShadowsWithin

Oct 27, 2005
Portland, ME
i doubt this will get as far as the guitar work thread but i figured why not...

i've been digging Travis Orbin Lately, his kit set up and playing are really interesting

Last edited by a moderator:
Always a big fan of Kai Hahto. Got to hang out with him and the rest of Swallow The Sun a few months back!

Alex Grind

Sleep Terror
(Bad quality, have fun finding better these guys have been over with for awhile.)

Derek Roddy

Tim Yeung (Tried to break the record for most bass pedal hits but didn't get it. Very fast)

Unknown skinny dude

yes for the last two posts.

boo for the boring ass death metal drummers who can play blast beats at 280 bmps but wouldn't be able to get through two minutes of a p-funk song.

I realize we are all conditioned to hate Dave Mathews because all of the preppy faggots we all wanted to punch in high school in the late 90s, but carter is a beast.

Gavin Harrison, no doubt.
Porcupine tree, King Crimson, solo or with 05ric, GH is my favourite drummer.
I prefer his solo work and his collaboration with 05ric but when it comes to Porcupine Tree, it's Hatesong live all the way.
Not metal at all but it's his timing, dynamics and approach on the breaks why i dig him so much.

6:44 min = SEXXAY!

i will contribute to this thread because drums are just awesome ^^

iv always liked this drummer...although he is in a shitty band atm...Soilwork, i dig his drumwork! and loved what he did with Aborted!

oh yeh, i like what he does in Soilwork too

i approve!
Dirk did an awesome job on WD's solo album, btw.
Saw him a few years ago with Scarve, Verbeuren kicks major ass live.
And always a huge smile on his face when he's playing, i love that.

Gavin Harrison, no doubt.
Porcupine tree, King Crimson, solo or with 05ric, GH is my favourite drummer.
I prefer his solo work and his collaboration with 05ric but when it comes to Porcupine Tree, it's Hatesong live all the way.
Not metal at all but it's his timing, dynamics and approach on the breaks why i dig him so much.

6:44 min = SEXXAY!

He does some of the most creative fills I've seen... and the small splash type cymbals he uses rule

[youtube]JwWoOMALJrQ&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]WKCIUpW3q9s&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]q0IDtEfN5gE&feature=related[/youtube]