Awful news....don't know how else to say it

Wait so is Vinnie dead too!?!?! Aw fuck me man this fucking blows chunks!!!!!!!

Many more condolences to the Abbott family.

nah, Demilich is a new dude, I like him because he calls me NAD. :loco:

Just had a few 8-way toasts and some weed.

Rest easy brothers.

Haahha man yea i'm fuckin new in this place,
hell... what?

fuckin just dimebag got toasted or what? vinnie too? other band-members? fuckj

hahahaha

RIP brothers.

We've got no time to lose
Your news is old news
Hate this, hate me, hate this
Right approach for the wrong
It's time to spread the word
Let the voice be heard
All of us, one of us, all of us
Dominate and take the motherfucking world

Mass prediction, unification
Breathing life into out lungs
EVERY creed and EVERY kind
To give us depth for strength

Taught when we're young to hate one another
It's time to have a new reign of power
Make pride universal so no one gives in
Turn our backs on those who oppose
Then when confronted we ask them the question
That's wrong with their mind?
What's wrong with your mind?

(Chorus) It's time to RISE

We've lived with past mistakes
And we've lived with our own
Forgive, forget forgive
Be a man, not a child
There are to tears for peace
Of the common sympathies
Educate, reinstate, educate
A thing of past
The trouble in the states

It's time to rise

Vinnie is ok. I just talked to Stanne from Dark Tranquillity and he has been talking to Anders Björler from the Haunted. Apparently the shooter said "you broke up pantera and destroyed my life!" before he shot.

Tranquillian said:
Apparently the shooter said "you broke up pantera and destroyed my life!" before he shot.

fucking idiot. that guy should have been gunning for Anselmo. Although gunning for anyone is a fucking bad idea in the first place.

Apparently he also said something like "Phil needs his heroin money". Got that from another forum.

RRRRRRAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAOROOO
RORORRRRRRRRR!!!!

Tonight, I drank a shitload of beer and Jagermeister, got in about 14 moshpits, 1 fight, 1 beer whizzing contest (I totally one this by spraying a Corona over about 4 dudes), 1 beer bottle broken over my FUCKING FACE, and we listened to Boingo, Megadeth, and Pantera all night.

I hope Vinne and Dime would be proud. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!1111111

:mad: :mad: :cry: :zombie: :mad:

This apart from being an awful tragedy is a terrible day for metal

if shit about the comments of the shooter is taken up by the media

theres going to be a barrage of shit and the scapegoat yet again will be metal music

even more so than that bullshit collumbine

if this happened to a mainstream pop act the music would have fuck all to do with it
but metal and its imagery is an easy target

This is wrong...ok, I was never a Pantera fan, my favourite album of theirs is Power Metal, everything else I thought was junk, but this is a fucked up situation. You go on stage to play a show for your fans and get shot for it? What the fuck?!

The next time some gromit says to me "you shouldn't take music so seriously, it's only music", I'm going to jump on his fucking head and break his spine. A guy's just died for his music, so bollocks to that attitude. What fucking shits.

now I know why you guys are all here :(

never been a fan of Pantera but as I'm not oblivious their influence was/is enormous...

man Ohio has turned into the epicenter of fuckdom. Markgugs is right, what does this do to insurance for both clubs and bands? I mean, bands will still have to tour for economic reasons, but jesus, watch, this could affect ticket prices.

This is really fucked up. Whether you liked, didn't like, or didn't care about Pantera, you have to be disturbed by such a random act of violence, especially when it's directed at a member of our Metal community. I think the reality of this act if further driven home by the fact that this could have just as easily happened at any show any one of us attend.

I'm spinning up "Cowboys" in tribute as I type this. I'll burn a cigar and raise a glass to the fallen brothers this weekend. I'm truly saddened by this.

Zod