Band members read!!! Bodom cover art stolen????

theodyssey

Best Album of the Year
Dec 13, 2002
Olympia, WA
Visit site
I was at a store today with my girlfriend and long story short, she found a book that had the cover art from something wild on it. No joke... did bodom authorize anything like this?? Band members send me a private message if you have any more questions... i can send you a copy of the book as well. Just thought you might want to know.

Zach

by the way, i will post more info such as book title and everything when i find out... i am going to buy a copy tomorrow.

at fred meyer... it pisses me off if they just ripped off bodom. Oh, one thing i forgot to mention is i looked at the credits and publisher's info and there was absolutely NO credit given where it was due

the whole picture thing has been discussed before. Another band has also used the same picture for their album cover.

It was something along the lines of the artist could sell the design to anyone they pleased. Something like that

Look through previous posts about the same thing, their was a big discussion, oh and children of bodom i am pretty sure didn't draw it, so they shouldn't be given any credit for it

as i said, there was something about the artist being able to sell the design to anyone they pleased. I am not completely sure about the situation, but if you want to know more, look at the large discussion already written in the archives. (are the threads archived?)

i can't find anything about it. If it was legally done, then they can ignore it (but i still think it's bullshit). If it's ripped off, then they will have some shit to say.

guys ´n gals..
the fact is, that Children of Bodom bought the rights for the SW cover from some dude, that had painted it..(coz they wanted that specific pic on their first albums cover)
which basically means that the SW cover pic was able for any1 to use BEFORE COB bought the rights for picture.
this is what i'v read,and rember reeading somewhere..

tho i'm not 100% sure, but still :D

0756401232.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Neil Gaiman :-DD

Tuska said:
guys ´n gals..
the fact is, that Children of Bodom bought the rights for the SW cover from some dude, that had painted it..(coz they wanted that specific pic on their first albums cover)
which basically means that the SW cover pic was able for any1 to use BEFORE COB bought the rights for picture.
this is what i'v read,and rember reeading somewhere..

tho i'm not 100% sure, but still :D

This is almost correct. The only thing is that I think I heard once that CoB didn't really buy the rights to the picture, they only paid once to use it on the album cover. So the rights for the picture remained for the artist, whose name I cannot remember.

Period.