Bands like Orphaned Land (oriental metal etc.)

My first contribution to this thread.

Death Metal laced with Indian and ambient elements - Infernal Wrath from India.

http://www.myspace.com/infernalwrath

I can't find a better videos.

I put the Indian in italics because they do not play a particular style eg. Hindustani, Carnatic or even folk and Middle-Eastern sounding [we got a bit of that here] , but they incorporate certain elements in a beautiful way giving these spiritually inclined feel. The use chimes, bells and Didjeridoo for the ambient bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Infernal Wrath is great, thanks for sharing Ananth. Tho I failed to find their music, have you got some?

PS: Some celtic death-doom stuff, songs from various bands using old authentic European instruments and melodies:

^

They released 'Inside Of Me' , a full length album not too long ago. I'm surprised it hasn't found its way on to the net. I have their album, I think the guys might've uploaded it somewhere, I shall check.

@Ananth, would be nice to have it ;)

Meanwhile, Le Trio Joubran - passion and meditation, memory and fairy tale. Three ouds and oriental percussion, they impressed me much. Additionally, they experiment with jazz-fusion and symphony.

Secret Chiefs 3/Ishraqiyun playing their weird musical style which is highly influenced by Persian music.

If you want some nice folk and oriental with metal influence from Bulgaria, check Balkandji. They are really wonderful band and if you are more interested in them, I will gladly share with you their discography and info:

Balkandji is amazing! I checked them out a couple of years ago, when I started listening to metal infused with traditional elements. Welcome to the forum and do share some more music with us all !

Well, Brutal death metallers Lykathea Aflame had some nice oriental melodies on Elvenfris.

Unfortunately (or not?), the drums here sound like Goblet drum.

Thanks Chephren, I just love these Balkan motives: Bosnian, Serbian, Macedonian music totally rocks, its drive is totally unresistable.

Yeah, I absolutely agree! As a kid I was kinda forced to listen to such music because of my parents - and I HATED it - but now, I can´t live without those tunes and melodies :D

another band I just discovered: GEVOLT (from Israel), especially this song is so catchy, love it!