Bands That Have Gotten Progressively Worse With Each Album

Status
Not open for further replies.

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
So many metal bands have gotten worse with each album they have released. Of course Metallica, but there are so many more: Soilwork, In Flames, Megadeth, the list goes on. So, I was wondering what bands do you find to have let you down every new album, and just what is with this trend?

The Haunted

The debut was fucking great. Aggressive as hell. Like a sledgehammer crushing your skull.

Made Me Do It was good. Had some filler. More melody here, which was a bad idea.

One Kill Wonder blows. Boring as hell. Like a slap on the wrist compared to the crushing debut.

BRING BACK DOLVING!

Hecate Enthroned

their debut was an excellent piece of apocylaptic doom laden gothic black metal.

ever since then they seem to trying to make the album that CoF would make if they were heavily into those ambient rainfroset albums which you see in bargain bins in supermarkets

Dismember
Entombed (up until Same Difference, which was their lowest point)
Darkthrone
Deicide
Burzum
Therion

I still like pretty much everything by these bands. And it is not like each consecutive album is worse than the previous for all of these bands, but the trend is definitley there.

I'll agree with the person who said The Haunted. They still rule, but every new release has been worse than preceding one.

Hypocrisy: what was that catch 22 shit?
In Flames: I dont think I need an explanation
Slayer: Since Divine Intervenition... everything is going downhill

Sepultura - It started with Chaos AD
Entombed - Candlestine was a killer album... then with their next album, Wolverine Blues... shit.
Danzig - what the hell happend after Danzig 4?
Iron Maiden - After Killers my interst with them stopped. I think it was because of my hatred for Bruce. Should of kept Paul.

Iced Earth...

Started out low, went really high for two albums, then started descending until now, where I believe they will put out one final effort before completely sucking...

Status
Not open for further replies.