Bands That Have Gotten Progressively Worse With Each Album

Status
Not open for further replies.
About ToT... They were fucking horrible!!!!!!!! Their old shit is pure garbage, IMO.
The newer stuff is bad, but it's actually better. I own assembly and there are a few catchy tunes that are somewhat good... The lyrics are horrible, though...

Cradle of Filth - first was excellent and still the best...then one after another got worse

Deicide - First 3 were great......serpents had some good stuff......Insyneratehymn was pathetic.....blah blah

Metallica post AJFA - black had some good songs...load had a few I dont mind....everything since is shit

Slayer - dont need to say it

Sepultura - everything after Chaos A.D. was worse than the one before. Although to be honest, BTR was the best, then Arise, then Chaos...so I'd say from the beginning they were worse than the previous ;p

The matrix trilogy - oops...thats a movie...first one was good....2nd sucked...3rd sucked even worse which was previously thought impossible.

Opeth

Their last releases are weak and boring.Maybe it has something to do with Steve Wilson being the producer instead of Dan Swanö.

Really? I heard that Nation wasn't bad, and that Roorback was a retread of Roots minus the covers.

btw, it's Queensryche for me. Worse and worse...they should pool their remaining dregs of creativity and release something close to the brilliance of Promised Land. Then they should quit. Either that, or keep touring with the Mindcrime/Empire/PL material, cause they still cut it live.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Really? I heard that Nation wasn't bad, and that Roorback was a retread of Roots minus the covers.

btw, it's Queensryche for me. Worse and worse...they should pool their remaining dregs of creativity and release something close to the brilliance of Promised Land. Then they should quit. Either that, or keep touring with the Mindcrime/Empire/PL material, cause they still cut it live.
I kinda agree.. I thought their last album, Tribe, was pretty good, actually. It was way better than their previous 2 albums... they kinda improved again..

anonymousnick2001 said:

I kinda agree.. I thought their last album, Tribe, was pretty good, actually. It was way better than their previous 2 albums... they kinda improved again..

And Promissed Land is My favorite album! It's an all time favorite, actually...

I'd have to go for Aeternus post-"Shadows of Old", Therion post-"Theli"...
And one band which has literally gotten worse with each album to the point they can be labelled regressive metal:
Machine Head

These are the ones that pissed me off the most....

Emperor (Beginning with Reverence)
Deicide (Beginning with Once Upon....)
Mayhem (Reformation was Blaspemy)
Tormentor (The last album was terrible)
Hypocrisy (Everything after Osculum was worse then the previous)
Immortal (Post Pure Holocaust)

That's it for now.

I have to diasgree with Hypocrisy getting worse after obsculum ( standard death metal here), after their s/t they suck.

Also, Machine Heads new album is pretty good, repetitve after a few listens- but there are alot of good thick riffs.

Queensryche has sucked hard after Promised Land. I dont mind if they put out a quality rock album like Promised Land, but the alt metal of Q2k, and the creed hard rock of Tribe, are just horrible, and even worse, they are derivative as hell. Queensryche used to be progressive, now they are playing to trends, and hoping Geoffs voice will make their lame songs sound palatable.

Really? I don't think they've ever topped Altars Of Madness, although Blessed Are Ther Sick was damned close... I'm not saying they suck, just that they haven't recorded an album as stunning as their debut, and each has been a little more meandering and less immediate than the last...

Status
Not open for further replies.