bands that you lost interest in....

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
either they got repetitive or you just out grew them or they got stale...

Primal Fear - became a fan after seeing them on the Metal Gods tour...many albums later they have become dull and uninspiring.

Sabaton - I loved this band but every CD is the same. I lost interest in even seeing them with Accept and this fall on the Everbore tour.

Epica - once some interesting catchy stuff has now evolved into dull ass stuff.

Leaves Eyes - same thing...loved and still do love the first CD...the rest is generic.

Battlelore - releases the same disc every year.

Queensryche - Do I really need to explain this one?

Tank - No Algy? No thanks!

Iced Earth - Not a fan of the last two and at this point have pretty much given up on them. I will take a listen to the new one, but I'm not holding my breath on it being good.

Edguy - I wouldn't say I've given up completely, but if the new one is anything like Tinnitus, I'm done.

either they got repetitive or you just out grew them or they got stale...

Primal Fear - became a fan after seeing them on the Metal Gods tour...many albums later they have become dull and uninspiring.

Sabaton - I loved this band but every CD is the same. I lost interest in even seeing them with Accept and this fall on the Everbore tour.

Epica - once some interesting catchy stuff has now evolved into dull ass stuff.

Leaves Eyes - same thing...loved and still do love the first CD...the rest is generic.

Battlelore - releases the same disc every year.

I disagree with Primal Fear and Epica. I still dig their current stuff. A lot of Sabaton does sound samish, but I still like them, though I wasn't a fan of the last album. I do recommend though, seeing them live at some point. They are quite incredible live. Leaves Eyes I've never cared for as I think they've always been generic.

Man I am sure we can all go on for eons on this one......

Let's see.......

HammerFall = Still puts out some quality stuff, but overall their last few are dust collectors in my collection.

Edguy = Should have changed the band name after Hellfire Club. I love hard rock, but I don't want to hear it from the band who wrote Theatre of Salvation

Iced Earth = Barlow's gone, Barow's back with a weak album, Barlow's gone again. Sorry, no time for drama.

Rhapsody = Man, used to be so stoked for this band. Too much time between releases due to the whole DeMaio drama. I have heard they have returned to form since all that, but too many other bands I have gotten into where I don't really need another album by them. Still would like to see them live some day.

Sabaton - what Bob said
Evergrey - albums got boring and less progressive but a few good tracks in there
Rhapsody - too repetitive, not much reason to listen to the last few albums or tough to tell which album I'm listening to.
Symphony X - again it felt repetitive
Tyr - haven't heard the new disk but the previous one was a letdown with the exception of "By the Sword in my Hand" Also the progpower performance I thought was not as good as when I saw them before
Alestorm - First disk it was cool but then it was just silly.

Man I am sure we can all go on for eons on this one......

Let's see.......

HammerFall = Still puts out some quality stuff, but overall their last few are dust collectors in my collection.

Rhapsody = Man, used to be so stoked for this band. Too much time between releases due to the whole DeMaio drama. I have heard they have returned to form since all that, but too many other bands I have gotten into where I don't really need another album by them. Still would like to see them live some day.

Not this current one (since you said you didn't get it), but I seem to recall you saying that No Sacrifice, No Victory was a pretty strong album when it came out.

Understandable with the break for Rhapsody, but I would still really recommend the last couple of discs as they are high quality.

I still will buy Edguy....I really like the last one.

Gag me with a stick. Haha. It's interesting, because some people really like Rocket Ride (like me), yet others like Tinnitus, yet most I know don't like both. I agree with Jason. I love some hard rock, but it's hard to stomach from a band like Edguy who used to be the top of the top when it came to power metal.

Oh yeah, then there was Thunderstone... I bought Tools of Destruction on a whim -- pre-ordered it before it came out actually -- and it is an amazing album. But they have become completely joke mallcore metalcore trash now, but they used to be such good power metal. Blech.

Oh yeah, then there was Thunderstone... I bought Tools of Destruction on a whim -- pre-ordered it before it came out actually -- and it is an amazing album. But they have become completely joke mallcore metalcore trash now, but they used to be such good power metal. Blech.

same goes for Human Fortress and Dreamaker. There are lots of power metal bands that I either lost touch with because they had so much time between disc or just forgot about.

Not this current one (since you said you didn't get it), but I seem to recall you saying that No Sacrifice, No Victory was a pretty strong album when it came out.

Yep, as I said above, I still think they put out quality stuff.
The fact still remains that I lost interest in them.

To me, losing interest means more than thinking a band is capable of producing good material. There are lots of bands who I think can still produce, though it doesn't mean I give a crap anymore
(IE - wouldn't go see them live or give a rat's patootie if they break up tomorrow)