Bands you feel are overrated

You're obviously not fucked up or sick enough to enjoy it. I doubt any Grind fan would ever admit to being even vaguely normal.

Which could be viewed as a good thing, I guess.

I'm really sick of the grindcore bashing. can it please stop?

...goddamn you can be retarded sometimes...

The music is shit on purpose. I hope you don't think that there are people who go HOLY FUCK I LISTENED TO ANAL CUNT AND IT REALLY SPOKE TO ME ON AN ARTISTIC LEVEL. People only like Seth and his idiot friends because they are comical (to people as stupid as them, but that's beside the point) and gimmicky.

Also, noisecore isn't even a genre. It's a retarded descriptive term for bands who don't know how to play structured music (nor do they want to, in most cases), so they play unstructured music. Bands who are referred to as such are not actually part of this "genre" tag, but fall under other styles instead for the most part. Anal Cunt falls under the "retarded shit that 10 year olds think is funny" genre, for example.

disagree. while noisecore isn't really music, its exempt from criticism in musical discussions due to this. besides, aren't you a harsh noise artist? thats pretty hypocritical of you.

I don't want to go on a huge pro-USBM rant here, but there are really maybe three people here who show some enthusiasm for more than three or four USBM bands. USBM gets way, way, way more hate than appreciation on this forum, and for people to call it overrated just seems absurd to me.

These bands can't win. If they sound too much like a one of the old Euro bands, they catch a ton of flack, and if they are actually original then they get dismissed as being not black metal or hipster garbage.

BM bands from Europe can get away with being totally unoriginal so much more easily. There are certainly crappy USBM bands, but I don't think the good/bad ratio is much different from that of other countries. There are just a lot of USBM bands due to population and economics.

It's getting to the point now where people just rag on USBM because it's the easy thing to do, and it doesn't require any actual thought or analysis. It's such a safe opinion to have if you want to look cool on the boards. I'm sure people listen to two songs by Xasthur and then write off the whole scene.

Noisecore not a genre? I thought it was because there are plenty of other bands out there who sound like Anal Cunt (ie the guitars resembling nothing more than an abrasive, cacohpanous, blurry fuzz), and I've seen the board's grind/noise/punk expert (Ohiogrinder) refer to it as such. Regardless, there should be a genre label for bands who sound like Anal Cunt, because there is in fact a whole genre of bands that sound like them.

And how can Anal Cunt be catchy if you can't even distinguish one note or chord they play? Or did you mean that sarcastically (sarcasm being completely impossible to detect online)?

I don't want to go on a huge pro-USBM rant here, but there are really maybe three people here who show some enthusiasm for more than three or four USBM bands. USBM gets way, way, way more hate than appreciation on this forum, and for people to call it overrated just seems absurd to me.

These bands can't win. If they sound too much like a one of the old Euro bands, they catch a ton of flack, and if they are actually original then they get dismissed as being not black metal or hipster garbage.

BM bands from Europe can get away with being totally unoriginal so much more easily. There are certainly crappy USBM bands, but I don't think the good/bad ratio is much different from that of other countries. There are just a lot of USBM bands due to population and economics.

It's getting to the point now where people just rag on USBM because it's the easy thing to do, and it doesn't require any actual thought or analysis. It's such a safe opinion to have if you want to look cool on the boards. I'm sure people listen to two songs by Xasthur and then write off the whole scene.

Well said. I enjoy a warren of USBM bands, and each one I find unqiue and not much resembling their countrymen or anyone in Europe. Sure, the Burzum influences shine through in some cases, but not to the point that it sounds blatantly unoriginal.

Noisecore not a genre? I thought it was because there are plenty of other bands out there who sound like Anal Cunt (ie the guitars resembling nothing more than an abrasive, cacohpanous, blurry fuzz), and I've seen the board's grind/noise/punk expert (Ohiogrinder) refer to it as such. Regardless, there should be a genre label for bands who sound like Anal Cunt, because there is in fact a whole genre of bands that sound like them.

And how can Anal Cunt be catchy if you can't even distinguish one note or chord they play? Or did you mean that sarcastically (sarcasm being completely impossible to detect online)?

Not all of their songs are mindless noise. Listen to I lit Your Baby On Fire or You're A Cop. You can't tell me those songs aren't catchy. When they play mindless noise, they do it on purpose but they also have a few catchy ones as well.

I like some grind, but not all that much. Like black metal, there are a lot of bad bands in the genre. I like: Repulsion, early Napalm Death, ealy Carcass, Abaddon Incarnate, Unseen Terror, Pig Destroyer, and maybe a few others that slip my mind at the moment, maybe in addition to some brutal death metal bands that might be considered grind. What I don't like is noisecore, since you can't even make out any of the riffs. Anal Cunt might have funny lyrics, but the music is shit, as the guitars are just a blur of noise.

Yea. Noisecore is just ridiculous. Those bands just dont take their music serious.

While I'm not a huge proponent of USBM at all, I do agree with this post. It seems European bands can get away with being unoriginal simply for being European and having supposed "ancestral roots" to pagans, vikings, forest whicker people, druids, etc.

To listen to one USBM band and then dismiss the entire scene just shows ignorance. Also, to dismiss it based on the scene being American shows a hipster attitude. You are not cool. You are a moron.

^ Agreed

The norsecore that's being released in Europe is much worse than the recent USBM scene. USBM is actually very good (demoncy, inquisition, averse sefira, etc.) and really has one band that I particularly really don't like (Xasthur)

there are so many it's completely pathetic but the first few that come to mind are:

Children Of Bodom
Amon Amarath
Cannibal Corpse
Puddle Of Mudd
Dream Theater
and all sorts of other trashy shit too many to list

I agree with this post. :kickass:

Mathiäs;6541313 said:
I don't care where the band is from. I just listen to teh musicz.

While that is the most important factor, I do like to connect myself with the band's country. It helps me appreciate the meaning of the music better.