Bands you feel are overrated

I will have to say Darkthrone. The first few albums are good, but really there's nothing brilliant about them. Now they're just derivative.

I assume by "they're" you mean "Darkthrone", because to suggest that something can become derivative over the span of time would be absurd.

I assume by "they're" you mean "Darkthrone", because to suggest that something can become derivative over the span of time would be absurd.

If you want to be cute about it, I'll explain. In saying "now they're," I was referring to "now, at their present stage they are..." So I am saying that at the present stage of their career, the music they create is derivative. Happy now?

I wasn't being cute, I was clarifying your statement. Your statement was vague and could have been interpreted as saying "there's nothing really brilliant about [the first few albums]. Now [those albums] are just derivative" due to the way you worded it. I assumed that you meant the band and not the albums, but I wanted to be sure.

2: They don't exist "nowadays", so yeah, you're right :p

Well, I basically meant, that time hasn't been good for their old albums. And I do recognzie them as one of the creators of heavy metal, and for that they deserve praise, but they also receive praise for making good music which is bullshit.

Okay, I'm gonna get killed:

Bathory
Tales of Medusa
Jag Panzer
Atlantean Kodex
Orodruin
Ulcerate
Augury
Slough Feg (they have great albums/songs for sure, it's just.. not enough for how much praise they get)

Tales of Medusa
Orodruin
Ulcerate
Augury

I've never heard of these. But I agree on Atlantean Kodex.

And as for Bathory, I think their viking metal albums are overrated, but the old albums are massively underrated.

Jag Panzer resemble if they were from 1800, but they have electric guitars. Pretty interesting concept despite a lot of their stuff being samey.

Agreed. Emperor just make annoying music. Can't stand symphonic black metal. Add the fact that SYMPHONIC black metal makes no sense.

well considering you hate black metal thats pretty much a given. honestly its sort of like someone who hates classical music saying "the marriage of figaro is a piece of shit".

Pantera
dream theater
trivium ( and all other unoriginal malcore bands)
80's era judas preist ( 70's era was amazing and is underrated)
new thrash bands like bonded by blood, mercyless death etc.
exodus
Big 4

well considering you hate black metal thats pretty much a given. honestly its sort of like someone who hates classical music saying "the marriage of figaro is a piece of shit".

I like some black metal, just not a lot of the stuff that people here like that sucks. Anything black metal that comes out people on this board swarm to like flies on shit. And shit up the entire forum with countless shitty black metal bands with youtube vids all over.

I like classical music. As far as I know majority of black metal is not classical. If darkthrone,mayhem,etc.. is considered classical along with majority of black metal do not even know. Do you even know shit ?

I like some black metal, just not a lot of the stuff that people here like that sucks. Anything black metal that comes out people on this board swarm to like flies on shit. And shit up the entire forum with countless shitty black metal bands with youtube vids all over.

I like classical music. As far as I know majority of black metal is not classical. If darkthrone,mayhem,etc.. is considered classical along with majority of black metal do not even know. Do you even know shit ?

Its called an analogy dumbass. I didn't say classical music WAS black metal. I said that its no surprise that YOU dislike Emperor since you don't like black metal. Thus it was rather redundant of you to mention it in the first place. It would be like someone who dislikes clasical music saying that "the marriage of Figaro sucks". It would be obvious that such a person does not like that work, indeed it would be redundant to say such a thing just as it is redundant for you to shit on ITNE since we all know you don't like black metal... excuse me 2nd wave black metal (i.e. 98% of black metal).