bands you think suck

'Nife [Spirit Crusher] said:
I never got into his vocals, Although I definitely cannot say they were bad. He was a great vocalist, and yeah.. When Angela started she was great.. and then it just got worse and worse. The new album is absolutely god awful, I hate people that run their growls through vocal processors.. If you can't do it, don't fucking fake it, bitch. :yell:

Really? I'm not doubting you but how can you tell shes using them?

MetalMessiah9999 said:
Really? I'm not doubting you but how can you tell shes using them?

After playing in various crappy grindbands, you just kind of pick up an ear for it. It's really hard to explain. I don't think she did it on WoS and i'm pretty sure she didn't on AoR, But she DEFINITELY used the processors on Doomsday Machine. Her voice has an unnatural distortion most of the time on that CD.

Edit: I bring up the grind bands because alot of todays grind bands are running through processors. The one's I played with all used them. It was sad. :lol:

'Nife [Spirit Crusher] said:
Edit: I bring up the grind bands because alot of todays grind bands are running through processors. The one's I played with all used them. It was sad. :lol:
but how else can you get that awesome pig grunting sound?

neal said:
but how else can you get that awesome pig grunting sound?

Hahaha. Actually, my best friend/bass player does it all the time. He can do it without the processors.. It's killer. Since we aren't a grind band he doesn't do it in the band, but he'll do it whenever the cops are around or when the timing is appropriate. :lol:

neal said:
hahaha. sheeeut, nothing wrong with throwing in a few ultra low vocals here and there even if you arent grind.

Heh. I keep telling my band that we need to do a death metal/old school Cannibal Corpse/Decapitated style of some Cyndi Lauper tunes, like She Bop and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. You know that'd be awesome. :tickled:

metalskater7 said:
Thus, following your own definition, you should consider Helloween, Stratovarius, Blind Guardian, Angra, Kamelot, Labyrinth, Edguy, Hammerfall, and even Rhapsody "legends".

How did Stratovarious or Edguy influence a generation?

schenkadere said:
GenerationXcover.jpg

schenkadere said:
Stratovarius are pre 1990s, they invented modern power metal. Edguy were the first to mix the now generic mid paced power metal style of Stratovarius and the epic choruses of Blind Guardian.

metalskater7 said:
Stratovarius are pre 1990s, they invented modern power metal. Edguy were the first to mix the now generic mid paced power metal style of Stratovarius and the epic choruses of Blind Guardian.

Oh please....now you're just watering down the whole idea...so and so was the first to have a fucking trombone solo...that's not influencing an entire generation...most people don't even own a Stratovarious album or have ever even heard them...how huge an influence can that be?

This band was the first to fart while recording a children's chorus being played backwards...wtf? Let's not get carried away.

"Stratovarius are pre 1990s, they invented modern power metal."
Hundreds of bands followed in their footsteps. I fail to see how that isn't influencing an entire generation (they actually influenced many generations).
I doubt the composers of most modern metal bands own a Black Sabbath cd, yet you stated above that they are "legends".