bands you think suck

Bands that suck:

orgy? I think Jon Davis had them signed to his label. I remember seeing them with a friend many years ago and they were truly awful.

RockMyMonkey said:
The last question I always ask on my site is "What rock or metal band would you want to wipe off the face of the earth"? The most common answer is Linkin Park. Now that is a band that both sucks and blows!

I dunno, I think I can put Nickelback in front of them. After hearing that they got their name from when they used to work at a Starbucks, and they'd always have to ask the customers if they want their Nickelback, I thought.. wow. Thats GAY. The band sucks, and then they have to throw Starshmucks into the equation. Thats two big negatives there. :loco:

'Nife [Spirit Crusher] said:
I dunno, I think I can put Nickelback in front of them. After hearing that they got their name from when they used to work at a Starbucks, and they'd always have to ask the customers if they want their Nickelback, I thought.. wow. Thats GAY. The band sucks, and then they have to throw Starshmucks into the equation. Thats two big negatives there. :loco:

I have never owned a cd by either, but with LP having rap vocals I think that puts them below NB. Of course we are pitting a dog turd against an anal exam, so who cares. They both suck pretty hard.

RockMyMonkey said:
I have never owned a cd by either, but with LP having rap vocals I think that puts them below NB. Of course we are pitting a dog turd against an anal exam, so who cares. They both suck pretty hard.

Hahaha. True. The rap does make it pretty untolerable. :yuk: Fine, We'll call it a draw. :Spin:

schenkadere said:
I like this chick...you have some great views on music, girl! I think there has to be a level of longevity as well, to be considered a legend...you left out Sabbath...we have them to thank for most of this.

:)

I forgot a lot of bands...
among the bands I forgot is definitely Sabath, and also... Halloween..
I'll give the power metal dragon humpers on this board that.
Halloween and Blind Gaurdian are definitely great, and I do respect them.
but seriously..........
why on earth Hammerfall are legends?
what did they do, that contributed so much for the development of the scene?
To me Hammerfall are contemporary artists and nothing more.

but like I said.... its a personal view.

and James........ you're far far from winning anything my darling :wave: :p
(god i can't believe he has that Avantasia album!!!!!)

metalskater7 said:
Stratovarius are pre 1990s, they invented modern power metal. Edguy were the first to mix the now generic mid paced power metal style of Stratovarius and the epic choruses of Blind Guardian.

I hate Edguy, but for the record... those guys go waaay back..
they all been to highschool together, and released their first album when they were 16...
I wish many bands out there will release an album as professional as they did
when they were fucking 16!!!

still, I think the music is fucking gay.

btw, what do you power-meta; heads think of Savatage??
I fucking *LOVE* them!
Not that they're power metal, but it seems like everyone who's into power, gets into Savatage... (sadly, thats the wrong order...)
brilliant band.

metalskater7 said:
"Stratovarius are pre 1990s, they invented modern power metal."
Hundreds of bands followed in their footsteps. I fail to see how that isn't influencing an entire generation (they actually influenced many generations).
I doubt the composers of most modern metal bands own a Black Sabbath cd, yet you stated above that they are "legends".

Wow...either you're just being obtuse for the sake of being right, or you're really just that naive. How old are you, 10?

That's a moronic statement.