bands you think suck

blind_cynic said:
well,At The Gates altough I can have a little respect for them since they are the original band of the genre.In Flames,Dark Tranquility,late Soilwork.pretty much almost everything with growling/melodic vocals and keyboards.still I like Arch Enemy,early Soilwork.

edit:I find american death metal much more interesting,techincal,with a lot of imagination and inspiration.

I find a few great cuts on each of the early In Flames albums, but the rest never quite follow through...sometimes I need to remember which album I'm listening to, they were very formula driven, much like Children of Bodom...it's hard to tell the songs apart.

Early Arch Enemy (1st 3 albums) are great...personal favorite is Stigmata.

What American death metal bands do you like? Death's the Sound of Perseverance is the quintessential album of that genre...awesome!

Devy_Metal said:
listen to me you fucking moron, go back and read that whole conversation. out of all those bands he named (i cant even remember a single one of them...king diamond, queensryche, maybe) IN FLAMES were the CLOSEST band to necrophagist even though they sound NOTHING alike. they both play some type of death metal and theyre both melodic. thats where the comparisons begin and end.

EDIT - i didnt even bother reading past the first sentence until i made this post. for the record i HATE anything past Clayman and even THAT isnt that good of an album.

fuck you and die.

Clayman really isn't that bad. Necrophagist is really not that inventive...they define repetitive. Great musicianship, yes, but that is the most ridiculous growling ever!!!...is he pretending to be a fucking zombie or something?...is it supposed to be scary? I don't get it. He plays like a guitar god, but growls like a fucking retard.

Final_Product said:
Also, I believe James is only pointing out that within his favourite genre, there are bands that are just as influential as Sabbath are to their own particular genre. If you get me.
This man gets me!
EDIT: Power metal isn't my favorite genre though. Death metal is with power metal close after.

metalskater7 said:
This man gets me!
EDIT: Power metal isn't my favorite genre though. Death metal is with power metal close after.

We should marry immediately, our deep understanding would require no words. In the woods we may live as mutes, with long, flowing hair and horses as we triumphantly gallop to the epic tunes of power metal!

OR, not...I suppose. :p

Devy_Metal said:
fuck you and die.

You wish, faggy_metal. Claiming In Flames actually (at any point) did anything that comes even close in quality to Necrophagist (let alone surpass it, like you suggested), is the sign of the musical intellect of your average Motley Crap fan. At no point does any Gothenbore band come close to the quality in musicianship and arrangements of Necrophagist. But that sort of understanding requires a little more brainpower than your average retard can muster, of course...

schenkadere said:
What American death metal bands do you like? Death's the Sound of Perseverance is the quintessential album of that genre...awesome!

TSOP is *not* Death Metal. If there is a quintessential album of the genre, it has to be Human, but many fans of Obituary and the like will tell you that's already too Thrashy and progressive. Necrophagist repetitive? You're not listening carefully enough. Not that inventive? As what other band? WatchTower is the definition of inventive in metal, and they're not far off, just like Death, Atheist and Cynic.

Lack of comprehension does not justify moronic claims.

Final_Product said:
We should marry immediately, our deep understanding would require no words. In the woods we may live as mutes, with long, flowing hair and horses as we triumphantly gallop to the epic tunes of power metal!

OR, not...I suppose. :p

Listen to the trees...they weave the tales of forgone days...where darkness triumphed over light...define the passage...regain your sight.

NeverMarty said:
You wish, faggy_metal. Claiming In Flames actually (at any point) did anything that comes even close in quality to Necrophagist (let alone surpass it, like you suggested), is the sign of the musical intellect of your average Motley Crap fan. At no point does any Gothenbore band come close to the quality in musicianship and arrangements of Necrophagist. But that sort of understanding requires a little more brainpower than your average retard can muster, of course...

TSOP is *not* Death Metal. If there is a quintessential album of the genre, it has to be Human, but many fans of Obituary and the like will tell you that's already too Thrashy and progressive. Necrophagist repetitive? You're not listening carefully enough. Not that inventive? As what other band? WatchTower is the definition of inventive in metal, and they're not far off, just like Death, Atheist and Cynic.

Lack of comprehension does not justify moronic claims.

Oh yes...lack of comprehension? How the fuck can you comprehend anything puking out of the mouth of that fucking Mohammad dude?

TSOP is not thrash...it's just a progressive album...so one of the death metal originators does something progressive and intelligent and the music jumps genres...I don't know...sounds like obsessive classifying to me.

schenkadere said:

well,"Human" is on my top 3 albums ever.I can't comprehend what the fuck Chuck,Paul,Steve and Sean had in their fucking minds when they did this album.unbelivable,I can listen to it over and over and over again without being enough.I also like Cynic,Capharnaum,Necrophagist,Atheist,Sadist,Nocturnus,Morbid Angel.I also find Nile pretty original.

edit:I like Pestilence,but they aren't american.hmm,neither Sadist.

schenkadere said:
Clayman really isn't that bad. Necrophagist is really not that inventive...they define repetitive. Great musicianship, yes, but that is the most ridiculous growling ever!!!...is he pretending to be a fucking zombie or something?...is it supposed to be scary? I don't get it. He plays like a guitar god, but growls like a fucking retard.

Growls like a retard? He has one of the coolest growls around.

"omg is he trying to be scary and sound like a zombie?"
what do you think the point of a death growl is supposed to be? to be scary! Plus, a zombie makes a groaning noise. not a low-pitched growl. wrong monster! supposed to be a "demon". and uhhhhhhh yeah, Billy Milano is gay.

Will Bozarth said:
Growls like a retard? He has one of the coolest growls around.

"omg is he trying to be scary and sound like a zombie?"
what do you think the point of a death growl is supposed to be? to be scary! Plus, a zombie makes a groaning noise. not a low-pitched growl. wrong monster! supposed to be a "demon". and uhhhhhhh yeah, Billy Milano is gay.

Oooo...a scary demon...sorry...that makes it so much better. I'll bet you wet your knickers first time you heard that, huh?

I'm not Billy Milano, what do I care what you think of him?

Oh yeah...you're a silly little kid. I'll bet you play your Necrophagist really loud to scare mommy.

What is it about the belligerence here...it's ridiculous.

blind_cynic said:
well,"Human" is on my top 3 albums ever.I can't comprehend what the fuck Chuck,Paul,Steve and Sean had in their fucking minds when they did this album.unbelivable,I can listen to it over and over and over again without being enough.I also like Cynic,Capharnaum,Necrophagist,Atheist,Sadist,Nocturnus,Morbid Angel.I also find Nile pretty original.

edit:I like Pestilence,but they aren't american.hmm,neither Sadist.

What do you think of Arsis?

haven't heard too much from them,I belive a couple of songs and I don't really remember how they sound.

blind_cynic said:
haven't heard too much from them,I belive a couple of songs and I don't really remember how they sound.

They only have one full album and an EP that they did for a ballet. They're getting quite a bit of acclaim. I almost bought the album, but didn't want to spend the money until I was sure. I'll investigate further.