bands you think suck

Stormrider1981 said:
You better believe it! It's as gay as calling people names over the Net ;)

Yes, there is a lot in inmature name calling going on today...how gay.

Are you refering to the Tempest comment?...he know I'm kidding.

Seems like everything on this board is either "gay" or "sucks"...or wait...do they mean the same thing?...it's quite confusing. There have been some very compelling threads and informative discussions here...not!!! They start out ok, but then go into this "you're gay", "they suck" thing. Too bad...these boards can be a great way to discuss and learn about new music. Most of these folks are more concerned about trying to be right about some bullshit, rather than actually having constructive music discussions.

Oh well...let me guess...I suck...and this is gay? Groovy!:tickled:

NeverMarty said:
You wish, faggy_metal. Claiming In Flames actually (at any point) did anything that comes even close in quality to Necrophagist (let alone surpass it, like you suggested), is the sign of the musical intellect of your average Motley Crap fan. At no point does any Gothenbore band come close to the quality in musicianship and arrangements of Necrophagist. But that sort of understanding requires a little more brainpower than your average retard can muster, of course...

TSOP is *not* Death Metal. If there is a quintessential album of the genre, it has to be Human, but many fans of Obituary and the like will tell you that's already too Thrashy and progressive. Necrophagist repetitive? You're not listening carefully enough. Not that inventive? As what other band? WatchTower is the definition of inventive in metal, and they're not far off, just like Death, Atheist and Cynic.

Lack of comprehension does not justify moronic claims.
Necrophagist is so repetitive it's not even funny, period. Too state otherwise, and it proves your nothing more then a fanboy that can't accept the truth.

Death was inventive, Cynic and Atheist were aswell. Necrophaggot's have nothing new in any of their songs. Not even the slightest hint. It's just bland, crappy, boring progressive thrash with a hint of death metal (see: the vocals) It's not even close to being called just death metal. The guitar playing is so in the box and so predictable, it's pathetic. Sure, the guy has chops.. But so does Yngwie, Neither of them can write a tune for a damn that doesn't sound like a blatant rip off of someone else's style... or a whole collective of styles.

And to say that none of the Gothenburg bands can't arrange anything aswell as Nercophagist prove just how narrow-minded you are. In Flames song structures, for example.. Tend to go past four riffs, Which your typical Nercophagist tune, does not.. Between the oh so over used grindcore "Lets see how many notes we can hit in the span of two seconds" style, which generally consist of bland cromatic lines that sound like bee's having a seizure and boring ass over used tritone/minor third harmonies. These guys couldn't pull something inventive out of their asses if their lives depended on it. They have one thing going for them. They are very technical, but it's to the point that it's boring and devoid of any kind of emotion. It's nothing more then "watch us wank!" .

And don't get me started on their fucking terrible rhythm section. Thats gotta be one of the most BORING fucking drummers ever. He needs to be slapped up side of the head with a good dose of Gene Hoglan and/or Dave Lombardo, and learn how to groove. Instead of blast blast blast.

At least In Flames have their own sound going for them, Even if it isn't a desirable sound nowadays. Nercophagist are lost in a sea of sound alike bands,from before and after their time.

'Nife [Spirit Crusher] said:
Necrophagist is so repetitive it's not even funny, period. Too state otherwise, and it proves your nothing more then a fanboy that can't accept the truth.

Death was inventive, Cynic and Atheist were aswell. Necrophaggot's have nothing new in any of their songs. Not even the slightest hint. It's just bland, crappy, boring progressive thrash with a hint of death metal (see: the vocals) It's not even close to being called just death metal. The guitar playing is so in the box and so predictable, it's pathetic. Sure, the guy has chops.. But so does Yngwie, Neither of them can write a tune for a damn that doesn't sound like a blatant rip off of someone else's style... or a whole collective of styles.

And to say that none of the Gothenburg bands can't arrange anything aswell as Nercophagist prove just how narrow-minded you are. In Flames song structures, for example.. Tend to go past four riffs, Which your typical Nercophagist tune, does not.. Between the oh so over used grindcore "Lets see how many notes we can hit in the span of two seconds" style, which generally consist of bland cromatic lines that sound like bee's having a seizure and boring ass over used tritone/minor third harmonies. These guys couldn't pull something inventive out of their asses if their lives depended on it. They have one thing going for them. They are very technical, but it's to the point that it's boring and devoid of any kind of emotion. It's nothing more then "watch us wank!" .

And don't get me started on their fucking terrible rhythm section. Thats gotta be one of the most BORING fucking drummers ever. He needs to be slapped up side of the head with a good dose of Gene Hoglan and/or Dave Lombardo, and learn how to groove. Instead of blast blast blast.

At least In Flames have their own sound going for them, Even if it isn't a desirable sound nowadays. Nercophagist are lost in a sea of sound alike bands,from before and after their time.

Ah...thank you for a glimmer of hope in this cesspool of foolishness.

ooo, cock fight!!! :dopey:

(Devy, didn't know you're this flameable, next time we meet you have to repeat some of the woids, I have to actually Hear You pronounce them. :tickled: :D )

Tee said:
ooo, cock fight!!! :dopey:

They'd have to have a cock to fight with first, Tee... :p
Personally, I have a better use for mine and the gene pool, especially after teaching at an American university for 8 years, which taught me, if anything, that "military intelligence" being an oxymoron is merely a corollary of "American intelligence" being one...

NeverMarty said:
They'd have to have a cock to fight with first, Tee... :p
Personally, I have a better use for mine and the gene pool, especially after teaching at an American university for 8 years, which taught me, if anything, that "military intelligence" being an oxymoron is merely a corollary of "American intelligence" being one...

Now...what does this have to do with "bands you think suck"?

NeverMarty said:
What debate? Not that I can expect any intelligence from someone who starts a thread like this, but the amount of ignorance here is staggering - and amusing!

Oh, and Belgium != The Netherlands...

first, thanks for not replying to any of those posts (not that you could have said anything, anyway). But it shows you can take defeat like a man. second, belgium is on the border and since he is the closet out of everyone here, he would be familiar. thanks for playing.

NeverMarty said:
Oh, and Belgium != The Netherlands...
Say What?

Devy_Metal said:
the kid from the netherlands who raped and killed the american girl down in Aruba...if you dont know about it, nevermind.
Nope sorry, never heard of him. Here in Belgium we have plenty of paedophiles and rapists to worry about on our own ^_^

Devy_Metal said:
second, belgium is on the border and since he is the closet out of everyone here, he would be familiar. thanks for playing.
Don't you call me a closet! :p

Anyway, yeah Belgium is really close to Dutchieland, but apparently NeverMarty actually lives in the land of clumps, tulips, cheese and horrible 'beer', so he's closest.

in my opinion you can't even make a comparision between Necrophagist and In Flames.neither musically nor as instrumentists.anyway,this again is my opinion.