Bass Programming

The free Kontakt Player works without limitation with only it's LICENSED libraries. You can generally find out which libraries are licensed from the program's webpage. Usually, the licensed libraries come with Kontakt Player included. All unlicensed material runs for only 15 minutes here, and then you have to reload it.

The full version of Kontakt works without limitation with both licensed and unlicensed libraries.

Kaleb Formz: The presets are pre processed tones that I made. They already some drive/compression/eq added to it.

AboutBlank: The lowest sampled note is low A, Low low C-G# is shifted.

JeffTD: It's made with version 5. usually people get a "You need to update message"

I included a test download file on the big cartel page
http://frankthesmith.bigcartel.com/
If you try to load it and it says missing files, then it'll work if you buy it. If you get a "Yes, No" update box then it wont.

Kaleb Formz: The presets are pre processed tones that I made. They already some drive/compression/eq added to it.

AboutBlank: The lowest sampled note is low A, Low low C-G# is shifted.

JeffTD: It's made with version 5. usually people get a "You need to update message"

I included a test download file on the big cartel page
http://frankthesmith.bigcartel.com/
If you try to load it and it says missing files, then it'll work if you buy it. If you get a "Yes, No" update box then it wont.

Care to elaborate on how you processed the preset tones. Might make or break if I just want the D.I (What amp/and or plugin did you run em through? how did you EQ/Compress the presets? Are the presets just the D.I compressed and eqed no Amp/Ampsim?

and Jeff's Question if the Lite is just D.I Thanks Man

I was definitely kidding about the cracked Kontakt 4 copy. I have a cracked copy of 5.

Kind of a bummer that the 'lite' version is lite in realism and not in tones. I need the full amount of samples for realism but I have zero use for the tones presets provided. Still reasonably priced but I'm a little weary now.

Preset 1
Maxon > Ampeg SVT classic > DAW > SVT 8x10 Impulse > 30% Eq match> EQ > Limiter
Preset 2
Sansamp pedal > Ampeg SVT classic > DAW > SVT 4x10 Implulse > Decapitator > Waves CLA Bass > EQ > Limiter
Preset 3
Maxon > Rat2 > Ampeg SVT classic > DAW > Ampeg VL/Vb4 Impulse Blend > EQ > Limiter
Preset 4
Sansamp pedal > Bugera 6260 matching cab > sm7b - Carvin m68 > DAW > RBass > EQ > Limiter

The product description describes the differences. Basically half the samples/file size. Both lite and full come with all 5 patches.

Also if anyone could recommend the fastest file transferring site (if there is a fastest), that'd be sweet.

wetransfer has expirations but is pretty fast. Dropbox has bandwidth limitation. You should have your own hosting for this, ideally - do you not? If you don't, I could host it on my site in return for the nki's for free. :lol:

wetransfer has expirations but is pretty fast. Dropbox has bandwidth limitation. You should have your own hosting for this, ideally - do you not? If you don't, I could host it on my site in return for the nki's for free. :lol:

I may hit you up on that.

Did anyone notice that picture I linked that was of the nki that said "BadassmotherfuckinBass" turned into a picture of a girl with her hand over her face? or is it just me?

Preset 1
Maxon > Ampeg SVT classic > DAW > SVT 8x10 Impulse > 30% Eq match> EQ > Limiter
Preset 2
Sansamp pedal > Ampeg SVT classic > DAW > SVT 4x10 Implulse > Decapitator > Waves CLA Bass > EQ > Limiter
Preset 3
Maxon > Rat2 > Ampeg SVT classic > DAW > Ampeg VL/Vb4 Impulse Blend > EQ > Limiter
Preset 4
Sansamp pedal > Bugera 6260 matching cab > sm7b - Carvin m68 > DAW > RBass > EQ > Limiter

The product description describes the differences. Basically half the samples/file size. Both lite and full come with all 5 patches.

Also if anyone could recommend the fastest file transferring site (if there is a fastest), that'd be sweet.

SOLD! I only want to know what EQ you used specifically and where you applied it, trivial to you i'm sure but I'm a sticker for these kind of things. :lol:

SOLD! I only want to know what EQ you used specifically and where you applied it, trivial to you i'm sure but I'm a sticker for these kind of things. :lol:

I used the stock FFT filter in Samplitude to cut out any ugly frequencies that were sticking out.
Then a q10 to scoop out some mids anywhere between 400-1100hz, 60-80hz boost, and found a nice spot on each of them in the high mids for some nice growl. Subtle high and lowpass at like 30 and 12000.