Battle of the bands - FINAL

Which band do you like better?

• Anthrax

Votes: 35 26.7%
  • Opeth

Votes: 96 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dear god! Opeth & Anthrax?!?! This is what it has come down to?! Out of ALL those great bands, these two are the crowd pleasers?! How the fuck did that happen! I hate Anthrax, but I don't want to contribute to Opeth in any way.. Hmm.. what do I do?

~Sh0k~

Reactions: manuelgv
sh0kr0k said:
Dear god! Opeth & Anthrax?!?! This is what it has come down to?! Out of ALL those great bands, these two are the crowd pleasers?! How the fuck did that happen! I hate Anthrax, but I don't want to contribute to Opeth in any way.. Hmm.. what do I do?

~Sh0k~

LOL, you are patheticaly gay and lying.

nafnikufesin said:
I like Opeth's music but have trouble getting past any band that has the Cookie Monster on vocals :D
:lol: Yeah, I don't know why they went with Cookie Monster, I thought Kermit the Frog is a much better singer!

The results of this poll are about what I expected, given how many Opeth fans hang out here. But what really saddens me is how people are slinging mud at Anthrax saying they don't deserve to be here, when I'll bet most of the people here have never even heard Volume 8, and some who haven't even heard Anthrax period.

I guess in some ways I do agree. Having heard "Deliverance" and sprained my finger from hitting "Skip" so many times, it is an insult to Anthrax to even be compared with Opeth, so no, they don't deserve to be here.

Anthrax totally sold out and became a pop band in the 90's and the whole "NOT!" Man thing was a friggin joke.

Opeth

Anthrax.jpg

Reactions: Thraxfan69
xenophobe said:
Anthrax totally sold out and became a pop band in the 90's and the whole "NOT!" Man thing was a friggin joke.
Sold out? By playing heavy metal music that was so in vogue in the 90's? Or are you referring to the ONE rap song with Public Enemy they put out as a B-side, long before rap metal was the in-thing? Or perhaps you're referring to them ditching Joey Belladonna in favor of a real metal singer (or did you think Armored Saint were sell-outs in the 80's too)?

Sure the Not Man was a joke. Did you think it was serious? I don't know about you, but I actually like to have fun once in a while. And not just by laughing at Opeth's vocals. :p

Thraxfan69 said:
Sold out? By playing heavy metal music that was so in vogue in the 90's? Or are you referring to the ONE rap song with Public Enemy they put out as a B-side, long before rap metal was the in-thing? Or perhaps you're referring to them ditching Joey Belladonna in favor of a real metal singer (or did you think Armored Saint were sell-outs in the 80's too)?
Technically, it was TWO rap songs, if you count I'm the Man, which was also a B-side in the 80's (which of course, also recorded as a joke). I like a band that has a sense of humor. It's a refreshing twist from bands that sing about death and the end of the world all the time.

It makes me laugh when people say that Anthrax went "grunge" on Sound of White Noise, because it means they obviously didn't listen to it. They probably just saw the video for Black Lodge and assumed the rest of the album sounded like that. Oh, well, their loss. :D

xenophobe said:

Opeth

Anthrax.jpg

Anthrax kept jokes out of almost all their music. It's kind of hard to take a band seriously when you hear a guy who sounds like Cookie Monster.

Steve

I wont vote for either of them, it doesn't feel right, i dont like Opeth very much and neither do i like Anthrax, but I rather vote Opeth than Anthrax....hmmm
maybe i'll go for Opeth anyway..