BBC Recording...

Kirkfjell

Sep 2, 2003
Brämhult, Sweden
Visit site
Opeth.com has been updated and the guys have recorded The Grand Conjuration, When and Soldier of Fortune for BBC Radio. These songs are also meant to be included on the planned special release of Ghost Reveries... might this aswell include the documentary of the recording of Ghost Reveries? I'm kind of hoping for a new live DVD to be recorded so I rather they'd save the documentary for that... but who knows.

Anyway... great with a professionally recorded version of Soldier of Fortune!

Hoping to get to hear this soon, could be awesome! :hotjump:

Im not really listening to the radio much, so as soon as anyone knows whaen the show's on air- just let us all know.

m? so far it's just couple of live tracks they've recorded for BBC during that day-off in London. No plans for release as far as I got it (check the official site), but, you know, you can get bootlegs of anything these days.

I wonder if WHEN and the Grand Conjuration are going to be somewhat different. I remember mike saying he scratched the original version of TGC cause he didn't think it sounded good. Maybe they touched up that version, and damn WHEN's fucking awesome, wonder what it'll sound like if it's different

hmm I dunno, I just think it would be kinda lame to re-release GR with TGC just being a live version, I think it'd be cool if they were all a little different, but your probably right.

affinityband said:
have you seen them live?
yeah, I've seen them live 3 times.....I'm not saying that putting live songs on the re-release is a bad thing, but for the TGC sake I'd rather it be changed up.....I dunno Mike said he scrapped the whole original song, and then wrote the new version of TGC for GR in one night.....and imo TGC is one of the least progressive songs, and for as long as it is, it can be a turn off at times, but i mean i still like it....i'm just curious to what the original song sounded like

affinityband said:
well it mustve sounded nasty if mike wanted to change it. Id also say it is the most different opeth song, in structure and sound. I think this is due to the open tuning also, and isnt typical Opeth.
yeah, your probably right, still curious though, as what to it did sound like that is.