BBC Recording...

FRUGiHOYi said:
Huh? Are these songs live? And what the hell is Soldier of Fortune??

a really good song by Deep Purple. I just hope this cover is par with their other covers, I'm doubting a little that Opeth can make this cover better than the original song as they have done in the past.

1.- The Grand Conjuration kicks ass, the head-banging part is just awesome!
2.- Re-issuing a record that's already perfect sucks!
3.- Opeth is good!

worldwide_suicide said:
Re-issuing a record that's already perfect sucks!

Eh... what!
Re-issuing the whole album WITH an extra disc of live (and hopefully video) material. In a deluxe packaging...

Sucks?

Let me quote Deep Purple: "NO, NO, NO"!

i know some of you will disagree but TGC and when?
when i love but theres so many more great opeth tracks that could have been aired for the listeners who havent heard opeth before.
im sure it will be a good performane but you understand where im coming from

The tracks are recorded 'live'; the BBC sessions (same as John Peel sessions, some were done for his show, but a lot of other shows also so them) are recorded at the BBC's Maida Vale studios, and bands will spend most of the day there recording them, often doing each track a few times, but it's always a live take they do - no overdubs or cut/paste; plus the studio is one of the best around, so the sound quality is amazing.

-Vintersorg- said:
When is probably my favourite Opeth track.. so no agreeance here..

And it's pretty obvious that TGC was played because it's the single..

Soldier of Fortune? heh - why not?
totally agree there man. Yeah WHEN, the fucking shit, and how cool is that, really though, when you think about it? WHEN, a song from MAYH being resurrected to be put on GR, that's just fucking insanely awesome

I agree to that "When" is on of Opeths best songs. And of course it`s much more interesting when they do a new track like "Soldier of fortune" instead of recording an old song.

Hammasphee said:
The tracks are recorded 'live'; the BBC sessions (same as John Peel sessions, some were done for his show, but a lot of other shows also so them) are recorded at the BBC's Maida Vale studios, and bands will spend most of the day there recording them, often doing each track a few times, but it's always a live take they do - no overdubs or cut/paste; plus the studio is one of the best around, so the sound quality is amazing.

Sounds really great ! :cool:

Hahaha, nice collection of songs! I can't wait for the deluxe edition of GR niether! Their cover-version of Deep Purple's song was even more cool-sounding than the original! But hey! It's Opeth...

OK I clicked on the link...but that system of a down song comes on everytime I click on Slistne to eth rock show...so how do u do this thing.....!!!.......PEAC EOUT

worldwide_suicide said:
1.- The Grand Conjuration kicks ass, the head-banging part is just awesome!
2.- Re-issuing a record that's already perfect sucks!
3.- Opeth is good!

How can it be perfect if it doesn't have When on it?