Beauty I've never felt

KeithPars

One of many Schizotypies
May 1, 2004
I'm listening to Damnation right now, and I am just getting these intense chills throughout my body...strange how when I listen to this music now, I feel a growing sensation of immensity.....it is as if the music and I are absorbed in one another - and that when nothing else matters, we are the only ones who will understand...I'm being brought to tears...I don't feel like I've ever had a stronger bond to anything in my life..

KeithPars said:
I'm listening to Damnation right now, and I am just getting these intense chills throughout my body...strange how when I listen to this music now, I feel a growing sensation of immensity.....it is as if the music and I are absorbed in one another - and that when nothing else matters, we are the only ones who will understand...I'm being brought to tears...I don't feel like I've ever had a stronger bond to anything in my life..

d00dz OMfgz!!!111 Like when i was SOOOO st0wnd i was listening to Damnation, i was in the coloristic dimension and i felt so close to Michael that I wanted to sniff his ass, and so i wipped out my ding-a-ling and FLOODED the band photo!!!! LOL111

Last winter, I worked down by the beach, and every day for lunch I would park my car overlooking Windansea Beach and listen to Damnation. Watching the waves while listening to the solos in Windowpane was very nice.

In fact, I've always thought Opeth would be great music for surfing videos (especially now that metal is becoming the music of choice for surfers, at least here in SoCal)).

Justin S. said:
d00dz OMfgz!!!111 Like when i was SOOOO st0wnd i was listening to Damnation, i was in the coloristic dimension and i felt so close to Michael that I wanted to sniff his ass, and so i wipped out my ding-a-ling and FLOODED the band photo!!!! LOL111

yesssssssss haha

KennonKun said:
Damnation is the only Opeth album I haven't ever had that reaction to. I don't know why. I enjoy it, just not as much as the other albums.

Me too, strange isnt it.

KeithPars said:

Yes this album is so perfect. The riffs, the sound, everything. :Spin:

Meh, the acoustic parts on Morningrise kill Damnation. Still love it though.

KeithPars said:

d00d h00k m3 up w/ dat kronik h3rb yo!!

My favorite part on the whole album, I think, is the chorus in "To Rid The Disease". When he sings that line, and right on the second syllable in "disease" the music rises like an orchestra from hell. Fucking magic.

I know what you mean...In January I went to Chile for my holidays, and I just sat in the sand with my discman listening Opeth's Damnation and then Apocalyptica's Reflections watching the sunset (of course with a beer though)
That was one of my favourite moments there.

\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

Risquit said:
Last winter, I worked down by the beach, and every day for lunch I would park my car overlooking Windansea Beach and listen to Damnation. Watching the waves while listening to the solos in Windowpane was very nice.