Could you help me???

pick up the klemperer version of beethoven's symphony #9; probably the greatest piece of art western civilization has ever produced. it will get your mind off opeth for a while.

I feel the exact same way. Nobody seems to measure up to them and it just gives a feeling of pointlessness when searching for new music. For some people I feel Opeth just fills something for them that no other band can. Its weird how some people just refuse to believe it. I do however just think of them as my all-time favorite band but not the kings of every genre I listen too. I'd have to agree with some of the others by suggesting some Porcupine Tree(sky moves sideways) and some good ole' Anathema. I've noticed some of the things that are so disappointing is when a band is said to be this and that and then I compare them to Opeth and its just a joke. 'in my own humble estimation' -Roy Harper

I've recently discovered Agalloch... and I must admit they're probably the biggest breath of fresh air I've had since discovering Opeth. They play very dark metal, with lots of accoustics and varying black and clean vocals.
Also there's a band from Brisbane, Australia called Astriaal who play fantastic agressive black metal with accoustic intervals. Brilliant stuff.

Though they might not be for everyone.