Could you help me???

Maq

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2003
Poland
Visit site
Because of Opeth, I've lost my interest in other bands... I feel no emotions now when I hear any new album... For me, right now, no band in the whole world even approached to the level they represent... I know I'm wrong, but please - tell me what to listen to now in order to wake up from this bad dream and feel the beauty of music once again..:p:) :((((
p.s I tried "My Dying Bride", "Dream Theater", Katatonia, Nevermore, In Flames, The Haunted, Led Zeppelin;) - they're all great, but still worse than Opeth...

When I read the name of this thread, I thought it was gonna be a post from that guy in Africa who keeps emailing me (and everybody) about transferring millions of dollars. Oh well.

check out Devin Townsend's albums, he's a genius.

also, try some King Crimson albums. they have put out some awesome stuff. one of my favourite songs is "Starless", go and listen to it ;)

play opeth out... right now i dont WANT to listen to opeth, cuz i played it the fuck out... so i'm listening to lots of death metal and some easy listening stuff...

check out "the number twelve looks like you"... AWESOME stuff

Maq said:
Because of Opeth, I've lost my interest in other bands... I feel no emotions now when I hear any new album... For me, right now, no band in the whole world even approached to the level they represent... I know I'm wrong, but please - tell me what to listen to now in order to wake up from this bad dream and feel the beauty of music once again..:p:) :((((
p.s I tried "My Dying Bride", "Dream Theater", Katatonia, Nevermore, In Flames, The Haunted, Led Zeppelin;) - they're all great, but still worse than Opeth...
Opeth has a tendency to do that for a while. Just give it some time, enjoy all the Opeth you can, and eventually the Opeth obsession will die a bit and you'll be able to listen to other music again. Trust me, i was in the same position as you.

Try listening to Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery

You can also try Cradle of Filth - Midian, I just started listening to this bad and did not like the vocals at first, but they grow on you like Opeth's vocals

I agree with sunlapsevertigo: just ride the wave for now - listen to Opeth exclusively if that's how it has to be - and eventually you'll come to accept other music again. I think many Opeth fans have had similar experiences - I know I have have.

:)

Good luck!

hmmm I haven't been listening to Opeth for like, 2 days now.... hmm maybe I'll play Deliverance only once.... no, I cant.. Yes- I must:p aaaaaaaaa:p:))) thanks for suggestions, Dark Suns are really good

You're fucked. A band makes others worse for you? I'd understand if the change was from Limp Bizkit to Opeth,but now it just doesn't make sense. Well,sucks to be you. Try some Nick Cave.

Yeah Opeth are like that...I've pretty much listened to nothing else for nigh on 2-3 weeks hehehe. Most of that's been Damnation and mellow bits from other songs but there ya go.

I'm trying to convert as many people as I can to the ways of Opeth but I don't think it will be very successful :Smug:

also be sure to check out Primordial. best albums: Spirit the earth aflame, Storm before calm. very atmospheric, very melodic stuff, yet extreme. both black metal and really fantastic clean vocals!

If you like theI t has happened to me too. Actually I'm on one of those now, but I've managed to share the opeth listening with the mars volta, dream theater, katatonia, porcupine tree and iron maiden