DVD - sorry, not so good now.

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
I've had the DVD since it came out and I have to say I've never watched it at all in the past few weeks. At first it seemed really good but now I'm bored with it. I simply find it boring to watch the entire Damnation album, especially with people "death grunting " throughout. The heavy section seems far too short and I just feel this was an excuse to promot Damnation more.
I'm going to sell it on Ebay, and hopefully they'll bring out a DVD with nothing but heavy songs on it.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
I've had the DVD since it came out and I have to say I've never watched it at all in the past few weeks. At first it seemed really good but now I'm bored with it. I simply find it boring to watch the entire Damnation album, especially with people "death grunting " throughout. The heavy section seems far too short and I just feel this was an excuse to promot Damnation more.
I'm going to sell it on Ebay, and hopefully they'll bring out a DVD with nothing but heavy songs on it.

big Opeth fan here! Cock. :err:

I happen to agree Takinthemusicback. The DVD did just cut the cheese. seems people are afraid to say it too. Would have been far better if they had recorded a show from the deliverance tour and a show from the damnation tour and made that the DVD.

Then the set would have been something like this

Windowpane
In My Time of Need
Death Whispered a Lullaby
Closure
Hope Leaves
To Rid the Disease
Ending Credits
Weakness
Benighted
To Bid you Farewell
Soldier of Fortune
Face of Melinda

The Lepar Affinity
Advent
Deliverance
Godhead's Lament
The Drapery Falls
Harvest
Serenity Painted Death
A Fair Judgement
Demon of the Fall

This would have been cool, no?

Eh. Kevy dear. Keep yourself updated next time.

If they'd done what you say,the setlist would've still been

Windowpane
In My Time Of Need
Death Whispered A Lullaby
Closure
Hope Leaves
To Rid The Disease
Ending Credits
Weakness

The Leper Affinity
Deliverance
The Drapery Falls
Harvest (which is in the Damnation set now)
A Fair Judgement

Now that I look at that,it's hell of a lot worse than what's on the DVD. I don't mind people disliking the DVD,it's a matter of taste after all,but why whine about something you can't have? Would've you liked no DVD at all better?

I guess I should tell you now that they couldn't include the songs previous to Blackwater Park cause Music For Nations wouldn't pay for it.

I like the documentary a lot.

KevyCanavan said:
I happen to agree Takinthemusicback. The DVD did just cut the cheese. seems people are afraid to say it too.QUOTE]

I'm not afraid to admit anything. I love all the material on this dvd, it brings back a lot of wonderful memories of seeing the band live. The video and audio are both good. I'm not being a fanboy or anything, I simply really like the dvd. It's too bad Opeth couldn't put any of their pre-BWP material on here because their older cd's were released on a different label, but the new material is still great.

Fuck off people. DVD rules. I don't care if you hate it so much, I love it and have watched it around 9 times since December the 28th, and I can't get enough.

ANYWAYS back to merchandise? This is what i remember (US dollars): shirts were 25 bucks (i think 5 bucks more for XXL) hoodies were 50 bucks (55 for XXl), the beanie was 25 bucks, they were sellin cd's too, not sure wat price cause i gottem all :p...

I was contemplating buying the dvd, but after seeing the songlist, and thinking Damnation is painfully boring, I think I'll pass. And before anyone says I'm not a true Opeth fan, let me say this. I've been with them since MAYH (greatest cd EVER made), have since bought every cd (including the awful Damnation), have seen them live, bought the merch, etc. The dvd songs just are not good selections. On a side note, I was going to see them live this tour, but they're playing without a (qualified) drummer??
Opeth are in danger of becoming Spinal Tap. (Being somewhat sarcastic and bitter here.)

dolphz said:
I was contemplating buying the dvd, but after seeing the songlist, and thinking Damnation is painfully boring, I think I'll pass. And before anyone says I'm not a true Opeth fan, let me say this. I've been with them since MAYH (greatest cd EVER made), have since bought every cd (including the awful Damnation), have seen them live, bought the merch, etc. The dvd songs just are not good selections. On a side note, I was going to see them live this tour, but they're playing without a (qualified) drummer??
Opeth are in danger of becoming Spinal Tap. (Being somewhat sarcastic and bitter here.)

How are they becoming like Spinal Tap? They made a non-metal CD because THEY wanted to make one of THEIR abums be in that style?

And did you not read Mr. Lopez is back?

Note: If you don't like "Damnation" bitching about how much you don't like it isn't going to make it any better.

Caelum Adustum said:
How are they becoming like Spinal Tap? They made a non-metal CD because THEY wanted to make one of THEIR abums be in that style?

And did you not read Mr. Lopez is back?

Note: If you don't like "Damnation" bitching about how much you don't like it isn't going to make it any better.
I was being sarcastic with the Spinal Tap quote, good to hear Lopez is back.

dolphz said:

Your opinion is void.